Alamy home page misbehaving

Looking at alamy home page on an iPad. Past couple of days the big search box that was in the middle is now over on the left, very small, and doesn’t work. Anyone else or is it just me?

I had to clear history on my iPad then all worked again. This gets rid of cookies, though, so you have to type in your username and password again. I couldn’t sign in on my Mac at all through Safari, had to use Firefox to get on and upload until I cleared history. Then Safari worked again. 

After months of not dealing with captcha, it’s reared it’s ugly head again. Wonder if that has to do with clearing history.

Betty

I cleared history the first time it was suggested and it did work though, as Betty mentioned, captcha came back temporarily. I am now again having the problem of zooms not happening in Safari. The homepage is strange at the bottom right corner. today I was curious about the tattoo and you can usually get the reference number but today there are two little arrows and a blue "i" none of which will do anything.

Paulette

Edit: I tried it again and it didn't work. Oddly, if I scroll on the empty page a bit of the zoom appears at the top of the screen.

Edit again: Cleared history again and this time it straightened out. I sent an email to CR so lets see if anything happens. I didn't get the usual automatic response. Time to relax and not worry about it I guess.

This is the answer I got....

You might want to try deleting temporary files, clearing your cache, and logging in from a different browser.

If you’re still having issues this time tomorrow then get back to us with:

- What browser you’re using including the version
- Your PC's OS details
- Screen grab of the error you’re getting

I don't want to have to keep clearing my history and going back to captcha each time. We'll see how long this fix lasts.

Paulette

Out of interest the image search isn’t working on my iPhone, it just comes up blank with no images for any search term and no issue message.

I'm sure clearing cookies or history would help, but I don’t think any buyers will bother doing this!

Today I could not log in to my dashboard using Safari. I had to switch to Firefox and found I was already logged in there. I am so unused to using anything but Safari that I get easily confused and annoyed.

Paulette

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Today I could not log in to my dashboard using Safari. I had to switch to Firefox and found I was already logged in there. I am so unused to using anything but Safari that I get easily confused and annoyed.

Paulette

As I said before, clearing your cache/history should get Safari working again.

Thank you, Betty. I have twice cleared history. The first time worked temporarily and the second time is working for now in terms of the zooms. I don't want to think I have to keep losing cookies and getting Captcha back. Just annoyed. This thing of not being able to log in is new. For now, I will leave it alone and see if it will fix itself without my having to lose my history again. Oh poo. Now I can't even get the homepage.

Paulette

Archived