I uploaded 51 images yesterday but they are still processing with grey boxes. I should have uploaded just a few at a time, I know, but I forgot.

Now I am not sure what to do. In the past if I reuploaded, some of the orignal ones eventually came in and then I had two of some images, which is a mess.

I wish I could just delete the ones I uploaded or clear them some way and start over.  Should I just assume that those are forever stuck and re-upload, or just wait indefintely to see if they go away or something? When I did that before (yes, I should have learned my lesson) it took weeks or months for them to go away. 

I'd like to know how Alamy would want me to handle this situation or how other contributers do it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Susan Vineyard said:

Thanks. What are contributors doing in the meantime? If you were me, would you just re-upload those images a few at a time?

I wouldn't upload again. Just wait until Monday pm then email contributor sevices if they are still stuck. It's not unusual for a few delays over the weekend sometimes. I've happily uploaded large batches, no need to split them unless you have a poor internet connection. 

Mark

I tried loading 6 images 2 days ago but had to cancel the process after 4  hours on line waiting, so yesterday I tried 3 images but still unsuccessful. This afternoon tried 1 image and its took 20 minute, at that rate it will probably take a week to upload 100+ images.

I can not upload images to my account due to "Error Parameter is not valid"?? I've checked off all the boxes, added 5 or more keywords per image and still every time I attempt a new upload the image fails to upload. Any suggestions? 

I'm having a similar problem with Stockimo.  My regular Alamy photos have gone through okay, but anything I try to upload through the Stockimo app is giving me a "Parameter Not Valid" rejection for the last couple of days...  Any insight would be appreciated.

On 27/04/2018 at 14:53, Brian Nolan said:

I can not upload images to my account due to "Error Parameter is not valid"?? I've checked off all the boxes, added 5 or more keywords per image and still every time I attempt a new upload the image fails to upload. Any suggestions? 

I’m not sure what you mean by “checked all of the boxes”. You don’t need any tags or captions to upload images (they can be done later if you wish). But you do need to have the EXIF data intact.

On 4/27/2018 at 14:53, Brian Nolan said:

Check you're saving your jpegs using the Baseline ("Standard") format.

Mark

Problems at my end with uploading too. Last night 30 minutes to load two shots with a couple of "upload error" failures. Same again this morning. Anyone else having trouble ? 

I'm having the same problem. Only managed to upload 2 images since 8 o'clock this morning! I've got a batch trying just now, one image has uploaded but it's been on the second one now for over half an hour.  When I get the next 'upload error' I'm giving up for today - it's torture watching that blue band, trying to decide if it's moved a fraction or not! Also tried switching modem off and on but no difference and internet working fine this end.

Lynne

Error

Parameter is not valid

Dismiss

I get this just about every time I try to upload an image.  Occasionally I will get a stock image uploaded but 90% of the time it fails and I've wasted five minutes captioning and writing keywords.  Skip taking stock images with your cell phone this app aint worth it. 

Archived