Being Watched!

Bimey...as a CCA licenced operator in the UK it's been drummed in to me that the minimum seperation betwen my drone and a member of the public is 50 metres.......

that looks a tad closer

km

btw ..it's gimBAL , not gimBLE

2 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Bimey...as a CCA licenced operator in the UK it's been drummed in to me that the minimum seperation betwen my drone and a member of the public is 50 metres.......

that looks a tad closer

km

That was about 2 meters i would say, i did eventually meet up with the 2 lads flying it. To be honest the quality of the image  from that tiny camera was very very impressive.

Andy 

12 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

that looks a tad closer

km

btw ..it's gimBAL , not gimBLE

Thanks Km i have just updated my tags.

I had a longer range one stalk me on a bike ride through some range roads once...never did find where the operator was, but wasn't looking too hard...was very creepy.

Just now, MandyD said:

I had a longer range one stalk me on a bike ride through some range roads once...never did find where the operator was, but wasn't looking too hard...was very creepy.

Just now, MandyD said:

I think this had a range of 8km according to the lad operating it.

Andy

2 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I think this had a range of 8km according to the lad operating it.

Andy

that makes sense....I went about 10km before I lost him

13 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

yes......Mine is a Phantom 4 Pro...20mp camera.......bigger than the Mavic that you saw

km

You could put together a decent port without leaving the house with that then. 

Andy

On 04/04/2018 at 21:40, RedSnapper said:

yes......Mine is a Phantom 4 Pro...20mp camera.......bigger than the Mavic that you saw

km

Crikey!  At nearly £1600 it will need to earn a lot of dosh to pay for itself. Plus your course and insurance costs as well. I assume you have to pay for a yearly licence too?

Allan

2 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

already paid for itself plus the cost of the training 

marketing and promotion is the key

km

You will be able to shoot those starling murmuration" from a whole new perspective, you must have shot them from every other angle judging by the ones on your portfolio.:mellow:

15 hours ago, aphperspective said:

You will be able to shoot those starling murmuration" from a whole new perspective, you must have shot them from every other angle judging by the ones on your portfolio.:mellow:

It would be interesting to be taking images from the ground when the drone is among the Starlings. Just see the drone in the centre of the image with a clear area all around then the Starling all milling around the clear area.:)

Allan

Archived