Images Sold in March (Max. 1 per day

13 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

The Times I'd guess I have a few with exact same wording which is annoying because The Sun is identical as well (same group)

One of the pics was definitely in The Times but the other three didn’t appear. It’s a mystery. 

10 hours ago, Colblimp said:

This was originally sold for $54.12, two days ago.  Yesterday, unbelievably, it was refunded but sold again for an amazing €175.89!!!  I sold another 3 from poor Liam Miller's funeral - all of which were refunded and resold for well over $100 each.  For those who say Alamy isn't the way, I would disagree - thanks again Alamy!  I have no idea which publication it was used in after searching for ages, but it doesn't really matter I guess!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 13 February 2018
End: 14 February 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

ovens-ireland-12th-feb-2018-the-funeral-

Mmmm, I'm standing on the other side of the fence - my sale was refunded and halved in value! I had a sale yesterday with nearly identical terms and fee to yours. It was almost immediately refunded and resold at $54.12 with different terms. :(

Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

A red railway engine and train arriving at a platform at Stuttgart Hbf railway station Stuttgart Germany Europe

a-red-railway-engine-and-train-arriving-

Usage: Editorial
Media: Museum display (single use)
Print run: Single use only
Image Size: Any size
Start: 14 April 2018
End: 14 April 2019
Duration is 7 months only.

Never had a museum display before!!

John.

47 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

This pic sold again today, it seems to be quite popular!

Colblimp - congrats on the sale. Apologies for to you and everyone for posting directly on this thread, but it may be of use to all.

I found the use of my image I mentioned in my last post (M63FAM - Alamy Live News ToysRUs exterior) in 'The Sun' as a Live News sale.  I did a search for yours (Liam Miller funeral), but didn't find it (in print only, I guess - hence the higher price).  I then did a search for 'toys r us' just to see if I could find any more of mine and - lo and behold - found the following use of another image of mine:

wednesday-february-28th-2018-reading-ber

Funny thing is, this is credited to 'Alamy Live News', yet was taken as a news image on 28th Feb, when the company went into administration.  The article is new and dated 29th March.  How does that work?  I'm guessing that the images were downloaded as Live News at the time and so are subject to the Live News billing procedures?

On a further note: I found the usage of my first image by the Sun via Yandex. Google Images didn't have it  - they do now - but Yandex may be a decent additional search option for anyone looking to search for image usage.  The search engine on The Sun website can also benefit from trying a variety of searches and checking through all results!

7 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Colblimp - congrats on the sale. Apologies for to you and everyone for posting directly on this thread, but it may be of use to all.

I found the use of my image I mentioned in my last post (M63FAM - Alamy Live News ToysRUs exterior) in 'The Sun' as a Live News sale.  I did a search for yours (Liam Miller funeral), but didn't find it (in print only, I guess - hence the higher price).  I then did a search for 'toys r us' just to see if I could find any more of mine and - lo and behold - found the following use of another image of mine:

wednesday-february-28th-2018-reading-ber

Funny thing is, this is credited to 'Alamy Live News', yet was taken as a news image on 28th Feb, when the company went into administration.  The article is new and dated 29th March.  How does that work?  I'm guessing that the images were downloaded as Live News at the time and so are subject to the Live News billing procedures?

On a further note: I found the usage of my first image by the Sun via Yandex. Google Images didn't have it  - they do now - but Yandex may be a decent additional search option for anyone looking to search for image usage.  The search engine on The Sun website can also benefit from trying a variety of searches and checking through all results!

Thanks!

I can't shed any light on your pic usage - perhaps the pic editor decided your image was suitable for the article a month later.

21 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks!

I can't shed any light on your pic usage - perhaps the pic editor decided your image was suitable for the article a month later.

Just pleased I'm not in the UK Newspaper Scheme! ;):)

5 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I'm glad I am - some great newspaper sales this month!

I can see that!  Great if you're a regular news seller and can dedicate time to this, but for us occasional news sellers, it just doesn't seem worthwhile for the low returns.

Archived