At last- a new QC star!

2 hours ago, Trevor Chriss said:

Yea, well done.

It's nasty that, white balance finger trouble.

As long as you have been shooting raw it's ok if you realise there is a problem before you post process and send them to their final destination. I had a dose of image quality (image type) finger trouble a few days ago. I accidentally shot a pile of JPEGs instead of raws on my Nikon D750. I thought I was changing the ISO which is the button below the Quality button and I didn't realise my error until I got home. Fortunately all was well as the JPEGs were all usable but I wish that it was possible to lock settings on Nikon cameras. I don't know of this is possible on other makes but it would be high on my wish list of extra features.

Turns out it's not that hard to make the change I obviously did. Just two presses of the main selector, one of them rather persistent. I've still no idea how it happened as it doesn't accord with the way I hold, use or store the camera. But there's no way to lock it. I'd say it's a flaw in the menu design not to require another press of the key, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

BTW getting the images changed over is a protracted process because I use camera filenames and MS can't change them over when there are duplicates, for good reasons. Over the years I've reused a lot of file numbers so I'm having to do quite a few by hand in AIM.

Turns out I had mucked up nearly 300 images. I think that warrants a :wacko:.

25 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Turns out it's not that hard to make the change I obviously did. Just two presses of the main selector, one of them rather persistent. I've still no idea how it happened as it doesn't accord with the way I hold, use or store the camera. But there's no way to lock it. I'd say it's a flaw in the menu design not to require another press of the key, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

BTW getting the images changed over is a protracted process because I use camera filenames and MS can't change them over when there are duplicates, for good reasons. Over the years I've reused a lot of file numbers so I'm having to do quite a few by hand in AIM.

Turns out I had mucked up nearly 300 images. I think that warrants a :wacko:.

A nightmare, for sure. I think it would have been easier to just delete the lot and upload the fixed ones again. Then your file names would work.

Betty

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

A nightmare, for sure. I think it would have been easier to just delete the lot and upload the fixed ones again. Then your file names would work.

Betty

No, it's still saved a lot of time and clickage to have MS do it. The duplication is only for about a third of them. They were all already on sale so deletion would have had the usual 3- month delay. And you get to chat to the very polite and unfailingly helpful Shanti in Image Management.

AIM is agnostic about filenames, anyway; they're only relevant if you want MS to do a changeover. I had thought they would simply be able to change pairs of submissions but the database is evidently bullet-proofed to prevent deletion of duplicates.

incidentally - crtl-click works on the subs bar, so you can select groups of subs for tag copying. Probably obvious- it's standard selection behaviour, come to think of it- but handy to know anyway.

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Finally after more than a year and a couple of thousand images I have two.

Too bad it's as a result of replacement subs after some recent finger trouble with the white balance:wacko:.

I've always had ***, but, to be honest, I'd swap them anyday for $$$. ;)

On 11/29/2017 at 18:26, ChrisC said:

Just noticed I now have 3, but I agree, as it doesn't give you any extra sales!

Sorry That was supposed to be in reply to Losdemos as I was uploading several images

Which were rejected yesterday for blinking Chromatic Abbertion, although I still have 3 stars, currently and have just uploaded again

11 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Sorry That was supposed to be in reply to Losdemos as I was uploading several images

Which were rejected yesterday for blinking Chromatic Abbertion, although I still have 3 stars, currently and have just uploaded again

I have an import preset for that in LR, it fixes most examples.

8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I should probably add it to my general preset, I've been caught twice on that, it's one that is so easy to miss, but easy to solve, this was on a grey day and as is often the case I didn't check, because generally it's quite rare.

13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Do you not check at 100%?  I always tick the right box for CA, but when I check at 100%, I still find uncorrected bits sometimes.  Bits I didn’t see at normal viewing size. Several years ago I had a fail for a tiny bit in top left corner. Branches against sky, of course. I’ve been paranoid ever since. I sometimes find it, uncorrected by LR, in a white against a dark...like in a building. I have to go back and use the eyedropper and slider.

If it’s a gray or black against white, I use the sponge tool in PS.

Betty

I did say most. I still check the tricky ones but it's been years since I failed on it. Never had to resort to PS and probably wouldn't know how, because  I still have CS2.

Looking back there are very few sales that could have had some CA. Maybe 3%.

Archived