Sun flare, advice please

20 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Two hours. Crumbs.

I reckon two minutes is a bit much for the RPI I get here. <>

Have just spend two days on 1 image and there's even no flare in sight.

Let me channel Philippe for a moment: could it be that one could also turn your statement around?

wim

Betty would you mind uploading the version that passed just out of interest to see how much work you did on it to get it to pass. 

I won’t do that. I’ve spent all the time on this image that I want to, lol. Please don’t force me to throw up! :lol:

I’ve taken a few minutes from cleaning house to rest my screaming back (Thanksgiving company coming).  I can grab a minute or two on my iPad but not in the mood to uncover and fire up my iMac. Or have the time.

Wim, it’s no wonder your images are successful with the time you spend on them.

On not uploading the image alone....because of past failures, (although it’s been a while) my images are still scrutinized above and beyond. The handful I uploaded with this image are completely different and more pedestrian.  Because of the flare and backlighting,  I would think it would be the first image QC would scrutinize because at a glance, it stands out for possible problems. 

But I do have at least one more image with flare but without the added interest of the FedEx truck. Next week I’ll look at it and see if I feel it’s worth the work. The intentional subjects were always the turn of the century old buildings that are on the Historical National register. The FedEx truck drove into my scene and I grabbed it. I actually couldn’t see my histogram or anything because of the bright sun. I more or less was shooting blind.

Betty

13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty would you mind uploading the version that passed just out of interest to see how much work you did on it to get it to pass. 

I won’t do that. I’ve spent all the time on this image that I want to, lol. Please don’t force me to throw up! :lol:

I’ve taken a few minutes from cleaning house to rest my screaming back (Thanksgiving company coming).  I can grab a minute or two on my iPad but not in the mood to uncover and fire up my iMac. Or have the time.

Wim, it’s no wonder your images are successful with the time you spend on them.

On not uploading the image alone....because of past failures, (although it’s been a while) my images are still scrutinized above and beyond. The handful I uploaded with this image are completely different and more pedestrian.  Because of the flare and backlighting,  I would think it would be the first image QC would scrutinize because at a glance, it stands out for possible problems. 

But I do have at least one more image with flare but without the added interest of the FedEx truck. Next week I’ll look at it and see if I feel it’s worth the work. The intentional subjects were always the turn of the century old buildings that are on the Historical National register. The FedEx truck drove into my scene and I grabbed it. I actually couldn’t see my histogram or anything because of the bright sun. I more or less was shooting blind.

Betty

All your hard work deserves good results, Betty. 

45 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Have just spend two days on 1 image and there's even no flare in sight.

Let me channel Philippe for a moment: could it be that one could also turn your statement around?

wim

Wim, you clearly back up all the time spent on your images with a lot of informed research and action on that research. Your valued advice on this forum (not to mention the quality of your images) clearly displays that.

I spend a lot of time on PP, too. Sadly, my ability in (this! and) other areas is limited - along with the necessary bravery needed to cull my collection! There's a lot more needed to be successful here than time spent in PP alone. 

I think I need a week looking at windmills. I'm sure that would help!  :)

26 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

No problem. As noted above by a few others it would be pointless anyway as it is not certain that it has actually been examined by QC.

I do have 15 minute images as well.

But I'm serious about the question: does it help to have a certain amount of those 2 days/image ones?

Does it get one's RPI up?

wim

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Archived