Just now, John Mitchell said:

But at least you'll be getting paid. :D

True, true - but I'd probably be posting on the forum moaning about all the idiots who hadn't a clue about how to correctly caption their images! :D Count me out before I get into trouble!

.. moaning about all the idiots who hadn't a clue about how to correctly caption ..

Indeed, and I also think that before the end of the first shift, I'd be itching to get outside - especially on a nice day - not to mention if there was a breaking story down the road (in central London). I'm sure it would suit someone down to the ground, though.

8 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

Brits seem to work longer hours than we do in the States.  We only work 8 hours a day including lunch. An 11 hour day, 10am to 9pm, would not only include lunch but dinner as well.

I think we work the longest hours in the western world. In industry we usually work 10 or 12 hour shifts, but since the banks pulled out of financing such work we are the least productive! #political #topical

2 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I think we work the longest hours in the western world. In industry we usually work 10 or 12 hour shifts, but since the banks pulled out of financing such work we are the least productive! #political #topical

I've heard people also work long hours in Germany. True?

Yes, but I'd expect them to be more productive as they still enjoy a deal of government support. In fact, they are one of a number of countries who will be found involved in the UK's major projects (you'll sense I'm sure that this is a bug bear of mine!)

Archived