Is this an infringement?

Hi everyone!

I hope you can help me with this one (sorry for my english in advance)

I just find in a reverse search that one of my images was used in a website, but they just put it with the logo of alamy and even with the number of image!

http://keywordsuggest.org/gallery/1015564.html

(my photo is number 3/20, the red telephone box)

What should I do in this case? Should I write Alamy?

Is the first time that I see something like that and I don't know how to proceede

Thank you very much!

• Is it an infringement? Yes.
  • Should you inform Alamy? If you want.
  • Will they do anything? No. 
  • Should you do anything? You could try, (there is an email address), but the site appears to be Russia - based and you'd be unlikely to find a contact that would reply. If they did, then the best that you could hope for would be removal of the image - which, as you say, is a watermarked Alamy image, in any case.

These sites exist in their droves. They are there merely to gain money from click-throughs from the ads. My personal advice is to forget it and move on. 

Thank you very much to all of you for your kind answers! I guess we have to get used to it, but is doesn't feel good :(

At least I sold the same one in vertical last year,  low price, but something is something.

Thank you very much!

Philippe, my avatar is a painting of Odilon Redon, as John said. 

8 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I'm afraid that site and many others with similar names steal most our images.

It's very annoying, I know, but we can't do anything about it so it's better not to even try to find them. I regularly do reverse image searches and I'm used to which sites to avoid looking at, as all it does is increase my stress levels and I can't do anything about it.

It's the same with Twitter. Some of my images are all over Twitter, and goodness knows how many are on that incredibly annoying pintrest or whatever it's called website. Grrrrrr.

Geoff.

I recently found several copies of a photo on Pinterest that had appeared in The Guardian. There is a copyright infringement form that you can complete to request that they remove it. I did that and got a positive response the next day. 

Form is here if anyone is interested

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/about/copyright/dmca-pin/ and their policy here

https://policy.pinterest.com/en/copyright

37 minutes ago, arterra said:

OH :o

Guess I see something completely different. To say it with tags: "pub" "pavement" "last dinner" :blink:

But then again, I'm a barbarian when it comes to art.

Cheers,

Philippe

Or, as Sir Les Patterson might say, "technicolour yawn".

15 hours ago, arterra said:

OH :o

Guess I see something completely different. To say it with tags: "pub" "pavement" "last dinner" :blink:

But then again, I'm a barbarian when it comes to art.

Cheers,

Philippe

Well you have quite an imagination! LOL

But after all this I see now an animal face! :wacko: But not a cow 

Have a good weekend!

7 hours ago, arterra said:

You too have a great weekend, Karina.

And hats off to you. You have the best captions and tags I've seen in a long while. Splendid job! ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

Thank you so much Philippe! I really appreciate it! and thank you for taking the time to look at them!

It's been a great effort since english is not my first language (and i'm very far for being bilingual) , I'm with the dictionary all the time! Captions is the most difficult for me, to put sentences together... I have at least 1000 images more to upload from the last years, but all the captioning and tagging is slowing thing very much... It's frustrating sometimes, but now I feel honored for your compliment and encourage me to keep going!

THANK YOU!!!

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Quite a compliment from Philippe so I took a look. I think you could add "literacy" to the reading ones, but I agree that you are doing a good job.

Paulette

Thank you very much Paulette!!! What do you mean with literacy? to the captions? Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Karina said:

Thank you very much Paulette!!! What do you mean with literacy? to the captions? Thank you!!

I think it could be a good keyword (or tag). it means the ability to read and write and I can imagine someone finding your images useful for an article on literacy so they might be using that word in searching for appropriate images. It looks like the children could be learning to read. Just a thought.

Paulette

29 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I think it could be a good keyword (or tag). it means the ability to read and write and I can imagine someone finding your images useful for an article on literacy so they might be using that word in searching for appropriate images. It looks like the children could be learning to read. Just a thought.

Paulette

Oh I understand now! I didn't realise before you were referring to the children 

It's a very good advice, thank you very much! I will add it!

Archived