I was away for a few weeks getting more images and doing a pre-shoot for a non-profit event coming up that I'm the photog for. Today I noticed 1 of my images has sold, but not sure if I get the $30 or less. Might someone enlighten me please on how it works? Thanks!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Placement: Single Placement
Image Size: up to full area
Start: 01 July 2013
End: 01 July 2014

$30

Must say, I might have to think about taking down my microstock accounts. It took a whole lot more sales and 6 mo. to reach $30 on one of them, which saddens me thinking of all the work/time envolved. :(

That will be the gross sale of which you will receive $15, being 50%. You need to license a total of $175 nett to receive a payment, this being the current threshold for Alamy payments.

Well done on your first sale.

Thanks ReeRay! I had a feeling that was gross, but wasn't sure so I asked. But hey I've never had a $15 sale on any other site so this is a step up at least. hehehe Oh and in case anyone is wondering, this was zoomed/lightboxed about a month ago and I'm not signed up on any of Alamy's other options. I personally would like to see a column for lightbox saves in the stats of my images.

hehehe I won't spend it all in one place. ;)

Well like so many, I thought micro was the way to go. But after a few sales that brought me a mere pittance, I was going to give up. Till I found Alamy that is! Being new to photography, I figured I'd never make it into G**** and shouldn't bother with stock images at all...

Yes Paul is was one of my B&W images, well toned. On the mico site, more than half of my sales have been B&W. Here's the image:

D9GRHJ.jpg

I appreciate the well wishes! :)

Thanks Maria

Well Jeff… if others go to where I've taken pictures and can capture/process them better, then they should get the sale if a buyer likes their's more than mine. Have more to worry about then that; like becoming a better photog and editor whereas my images will be different and stand out from the rest to make sales. Not always easy for an extreme left brain person, but I work hard to not take/process common snapshots to attach my name to. ;) Though I reckon that's not a good thing in stock photography...

Ed thanks for that! Not sure what I was thinking… seems I wasn't and have corrected my error.  :)

You're welcome. We've all mislabeled something occasionally.  :)  You might want to add the Latin word for leopard (pardus) for the text book market. 

Leopards are the only big cats who are good at climbing trees . . . and the only one's who can do it with a large kill in their jaws. Cheetahs sometime jump up to a lower limb to get a better view of the area, but since their paws are more like dog's paws than cat's, they don't move around in trees very well. 

You're welcome. We've all mislabeled something occasionally.  :)  You might want to add the Latin word for leopard (pardus) for the text book market. 

This is true. I occasionally find errors when going back over my keywords. I once mistakenly called a heron a crane in the caption of a photo that I sold to a newspaper along with an article I had written about a bird sanctuary. Readers were very swift in getting back to the newspaper about my error. Birdwatchers aren't always as meek and mild as they are made out to be, I discovered.

We could always start a "Have you found any miscaptioned images?" thread. It might prove to be useful.

Archived