I'm sure it will be back to the new system soon enough!

They probably have two machines running different versions of the search engine. By default the machine running the new version probably handles everything, but when they need to make changes to the new search engine, they temporarily fail over to the machine running the old version. Once they finish maintenance on the new search engine, they probably switch back to it.

Morning Philippe 

Have you noticed the strange clustering??  groups of 10 to 14 from certain contributors.

Jon

Not really. Been looking for  Menin Gate Ypres. Don't see anything special  :mellow: Seems all relevant images (except for that mole skull) and a good mix of contributors.

Hey! I've got a couple on page 1 and most of mine are on the first 3 pages. Result!

No moles though.

I'm sure it will be back to the new system soon enough!

They probably have two machines running different versions of the search engine. By default the machine running the new version probably handles everything, but when they need to make changes to the new search engine, they temporarily fail over to the machine running the old version. Once they finish maintenance on the new search engine, they probably switch back to it.

+1 Matt. I am getting on with tagging and deleting instead.

A general search for "Vancouver" brings up about 161,000 images. Amazingly, some of mine start showing up on pages one and two.

I can't help noticing, though, that they are images of subjects that aren't widely covered, not ones that I would have expected to show up early in the results -- i.e. the search engine seems to be (?) aiming for variety as much as it is emphasizing rank.

A general search for "Vancouver" brings up about 161,000 images. Amazingly, some of mine start showing up on pages one and two.

I can't help noticing, though, that they are images of subjects that aren't widely covered, not ones that I would have expected to show up early in the results -- i.e. the search engine seems to be (?) aiming for variety as much as it is emphasizing rank.

Were you on the Creative or Relevant tab?  I notice that when I do a search, the default output is Creative.  And there are some very artistic ones on the first page of that Vancouver search.

Were you on the Creative or Relevant tab?  I notice that when I do a search, the default output is Creative.  And there are some very artistic ones on the first page of that Vancouver search.

Relevant search -- it's the default for me.

Archived