Uploaded Dec. 16th

News images may sell in seconds.

In the have you found ? thread, we once spotted an image from someone's initial 4. No idea about how long it had taken though.

My quickest was also within 3 or 4 days, last year. 166.41 - dps. No complaints there ;-)

Sold 4 times since, but all for lower prices.

Never sold news when it was new.

wim

edit: forgot it again: congratulations with the sale! May there be many more in the new year!

I don't do news at all. But if you look at my first 3 images, you can guess what sold. One of them, anyway!   :)  Woops, not!  Buried a bit deeper or else the last 3 I uploaded are missing in my port, even though one sold.  :wacko:  :ph34r: Okay, cookies. Still on first page.

Can't remember exactly, but I've probably had a few images license within a week or so of uploading. Three days for cookies is phenomenal given the competition. Better hold on to the recipe. B)

I don't do news much, but I have had quite a few of my "live news" photos sell long after the fact, often for very good prices.

I uploaded a pic on 25th April and it sold on 22nd May - that's my quickest. Nowhere near as quick as yours, Betty!

Before this one, the quickest was about a week. About two years ago.

And today I also sold one about 8 years old. Although it's a repeat seller. What a swing.

Never had anything quite as speedy as that!

Sold a (very) few live news pics and, bizarrely, one of those sales was reported weeks after a conventional sale of the same image.

Seem to recall a personal use sale appearing soon after upload, suspect those customers don't have the same generous terms as commercial buyers.

Very good result Betty.

Just had a thought arising from Wim's post.

How many contributors on the forum have sold one of their first four images. None of my first four have been licensed as far as I know.

Allan

Thanks for that John.

I did not remember the thread but see I did post in it.

I know it is an age related thing.

Err! Now what am I doing next? Hmmm! :huh:

Allan

Archived