Unreported Usages

I filed a couple of unreported uses quite a while ago and still haven't heard back from Alamy. I think it's about time to chase.

Does anyone remember where we had to send those Unauthorised Uses forms to?

Many thanks.

They go to sales@alamy.com

Kay

Please do not send contributor enquiries to our sales team.

For any contributor enquiries please send to our contributor relations team - contributors@alamy.com. They'll be happy to help.

Cheers

Alamy 

For any contributor enquiries please send to our contributor relations team - contributors@alamy.com. They'll be happy to help.

Cheers

Alamy 

Just curious.

Is there a difference between MemberServices@Alamy.com and Contributors@Alamy.com? Or is Alamy just migrating to a different email address?

fD

Cheers

Alamy 

Just curious.

Is there a difference between MemberServices@Alamy.com and Contributors@Alamy.com? Or is Alamy just migrating to a different email address?

fD

As Russell mentioned, the team has been renamed :)

An email informing all contributors went out regarding this on the 8th of September so please make sure you are not diverting mails from us into a junk folder or similar as you may be missing out on other announcements.

Cheers

Alamy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, How long is a piece of string and how long do you think it is reasonable to wait to have a sale acknowledged via Alamy? Should I be chasing sales from early Sept or am I being too inpatient? They are only newspaper sales so no big bucks but annoying nonetheless.

Hi all, How long is a piece of string and how long do you think it is reasonable to wait to have a sale acknowledged via Alamy? Should I be chasing sales from early Sept or am I being too inpatient? They are only newspaper sales so no big bucks but annoying nonetheless.

Too impatient. Don't bother for 3 months.

Alamy have said to me and probably elsewhere to wait 3 months for direct sales, and 6 for distributor sales. Most of us feel this is too long but that's not the point of this thread so I won't go on about that.  :)

It is alarming how often UK newspapers aren't reporting uses within 3 months. It's not that rare at all and lately it seems to be getting worse.

Geoff.

Cheers Geoff and Mark - Guess I don't understand the process. It would seem that it isn't as straightforward as clicking on 'purchase' and then that sale being visible within the dashboard straightaway. The other aspect I find confusing is that a sale pops up without any zooms. How is that possible? I would have thought that a purchaser would want to see what they were going to buy before purchasing.  :(

Zooms are just reported from some buyers. I think I have read in the past that Alamy only tracks the clicking on photos from some of their customers. Customers can add photos to light boxes and then click on them, and I don't think that is reported as zooms.

About half of my sales have been zoomed.

Zooms are just reported from some buyers. I think I have read in the past that Alamy only tracks the clicking on photos from some of their customers. Customers can add photos to light boxes and then click on them, and I don't think that is reported as zooms.

That's interesting, didn't realise that was possible. Seems a bit odd that one can bypass the zoom count by putting the photos in a light box first. Makes a bit of a nonsense of the CTR aspect.

That's interesting, didn't realise that was possible. Seems a bit odd that one can bypass the zoom count by putting the photos in a light box first. Makes a bit of a nonsense of the CTR aspect.

Which is why most of us ignore it, or take it as it comes and don't try to game it.

• 7 months later...

I have brought up this thread again as I didn't want to start a new one about something we have often discussed. BBC.com used one of my images 4 months ago so I decided it was time to contact Alamy. I always thought the usual amount of time to wait was 3 months so I gave it an extra month. Now they tell me I have to wait for 6 months. That's a LONG time.

Paulette

Archived