QC, not clear about the specs

Hi,

Uploaded 5 pics to get into Alamy, but they were all rejected. Only the first one with a clear explanation.

Should I give it another go, or are my pics just not good enough for Alamy?

Please take a look on my Flickr portfolio to get an impression of what and how I shoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132682894@N04/

Cheers,

Robert

Hi,

Uploaded 5 pics to get into Alamy, but they were all rejected. Only the first one with a clear explanation.

Should I give it another go, or are my pics just not good enough for Alamy?

Please take a look on my Flickr portfolio to get an impression of what and how I shoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132682894@N04/

Cheers,

Robert

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=3

Especially the bit about only sending in 4 images.

For all the pee-taking, it is clear from his Flickr work that Robert clearly has an eye for a very decent picture if not for reading instructions.

Nice work Robert but you need to make the images available for viewing at 100% if you want comments on technical quality. And all you need to do get through the Alamy gateway is to demonstrate that you can take a technically good picture - they don't have to be arty - keep it simple.

<snip>

And all you need to do get through the Alamy gateway is to demonstrate that you can take a technically good picture

. . . but first, you must demonstrate you can read . . . and count.

dd

<snip>

And all you need to do get through the Alamy gateway is to demonstrate that you can take a technically good picture

. . . but first, you must demonstrate you can read . . . and count.

dd

Harsh... but fair!

• 2 weeks later...

I also did that mistake on my entry, uploaded 5 instead of 4 sample images on January 18 and got rejected. Next lot of 4 on 19th passed QC, and since then no failed set out of 54 sets and 398 images online in one month and 8 days.  

I also did that mistake on my entry, uploaded 5 instead of 4 sample images on January 18 and got rejected. Next lot of 4 on 19th passed QC, and since then no failed set out of 54 sets and 398 images online in one month and 8 days.  

Gurcharan. You saved my day :) .

We bought recently for our two years old son plastic vegetables for playing. And there was on piece we could not recognize .... is it a pumpkin?..... is it somekind of cucumber???? No idea..... nobody from our friends know.... everyone wants to know and then the day came i took a look at your port and see here:

momordica-charantia-pusa-rasdar-karela-b

Balsam Apple is much different fruit, usually wild growing, not more than 6 cm long. This is regular bittergourd cultivar PUSA Rasdar similar to Chinese bittergourd, longer than 10 cm going up to 20 cm, which has smooth ribs and tubercles as against Indian bittergourd with sharp tubercles and ribs.

Balsam Apple is much different fruit, usually wild growing, not more than 6 cm long. This is regular bittergourd cultivar PUSA Rasdar similar to Chinese bittergourd, longer than 10 cm going up to 20 cm, which has smooth ribs and tubercles as against Indian bittergourd with sharp tubercles and ribs

Thanks. You are no doubt the expert here ;-) -

The Internet and popular works of reference seem to mix this up to a certain degree....

What about "bitter melon" then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balsam_apple

Archived