Upload Problem

Usually my uploads work very well, I have a high speed Broadband connection, usually there are no delays and images upload in about seven seconds each.

Not today!  I have been trying several times since early this morning.  Each time the first image goes to about 4%, then it stops.   Each time I have left it for a minute or two and then cancelled the upload.

Has anyone else been having trouble like this?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The details are on the FTP upload page. It takes a few minutes to work it out and I find it always takes 2 attempts to connect, but once you have the settings memorised it's one click to start and a drag-and-drop to upload.

Be careful though. It's so fast, it takes no prisoners. You can't stop an upload.

In filezilla, 'local site' is your uploads folder.

I had the same issue today in a batch of 5. Three went fine and #4 stopped at 3%. I tried Pause a few times; no help. After that I just left it at 3% and they resumed uploading in about 30 minutes. Exactly the same issue a few months ago. Might be heavy traffic on a Monday.

Yes, that's why I got fed up with the uploader- unexplained hangs for minutes on end, sometimes requiring a manual process termination causing duplicate subs.

No more now. Whizzo.

Crikey, does anyone remember how long uploads used to take before fibre? 5 minutes each, something like that?

It's about 2 seconds on FTP.

Had the same problem on the 22nd - uploader got stuck at 4% despite repeated attempts. Switched to FTP instead which worked fine. Used the uploader again on the 25th and it worked fine. Both batches were accepted later on the 25th without any errors of any kind.

My News uploads, where you do need a speedy service, are relatively rare, but on the 3rd last occasion neither the conventional nor the FTP option worked, very frustrating!

I came back to it a little while later and the images when through OK.

I find that the conventional service normally works fine for me and is easier to use than FTP.

Yup - having the same upload issues. I have over 20,000 images for sale, so I'm very used to uploading! All the sudden 2 days ago everything locks up! Very frustrating. I've tried different images, different computers, updated shockwave, etc. Still nothing this morning.

Same here, upload batches nearly always stalling, sometimes able to upload one image, but then the next stopping a 4 or 6 percent. Have been trying for a few hours already. yesterday's batch also took ages to complete.

Admittedly this is nothing new, usually every week this happens for a couple of hours, but the problem seems more pervasive now.

Do the alamy servers have structural capacity problems, not being able to handle the number of uploads or is it something else?

I'll try and set up a ftp server perhaps, but if that's also affected, that won't do much good (-;

I'll try and set up a ftp server perhaps, but if that's also affected, that won't do much good

Think you'll find it's different architecture so ftp doesn't suffer the same problems. It'll all be about your own upload speed.

Richard.

My upload speed is normally fine, no complaints there, as long as the server is active.

Yesterday was the worst day I can remember. Even used several different computers, operating systems and browsers. It's simply nice to have a backup if one of the two is down or very unstable.

• 1 year later...

I agree, I usually do it straight from PhotoMechanic which I use for captioning etc. Especially useful for news with OOC jpegs.

Same here - Love PhotoMechanic using for years - so perfect to move mass files around, select files for editing in my LightRoom, and the Meta Data it is "golden" ... for sure the workflow is pop everything into PM, then sort it all out, import into LR and export 

But staying on topic 

I was not able to upload by way of Browswer, nor FTP upload - just a hard failure for every image of 4 that I was attempting to upload. 

I shall try again / I posted up a question in the chat - but due to time difference it is 01:00 AM in the UK 

Cheers, 

Dave | ModernPics

Archived