Keyword Classifications?

Hello Everyone,

I just had a quick question concerning Keywords.  As you know, there are three different boxes for Keywords (Essential, Main, Comprehensive). I've just been inputting as many keywords, and phrases that I can think of. Not making any effort to separate keywords into these three boxes, and to be honest i'm having trouble understanding what's the difference anyway. What is the difference between a "Main" Keyword compared to a "Comprehensive" one, and does Alamy treat these Keywords differently?

If there's some page on the site that explains all this in detail, I would love to get a link to it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Cheers!

Josh

Thanks bud! So it really just comes down to levels of importance, and nothing else. To be honest why don't they just classify it as such. You could just label each box as High, Medium, or Low Priority Keywords. In my view, Comprehensive is not a word that seems less important compared to Main, or Essential. Just a thought. :)

Thanks Again! 

Thanks bud! So it really just comes down to levels of importance, and nothing else. To be honest why don't they just classify it as such. You could just label each box as High, Medium, or Low Priority Keywords. In my view, Comprehensive is not a word that seems less important compared to Main, or Essential. Just a thought. :)

Thanks Again! 

Good suggestion. High, medium, and low priority would be more self-explanatory.

• 2 weeks later...

h. You could just label each box as High, Medium, or Low Priority Keywords.

Thanks Again! 

They are so labelled in Manage Images. Just click on essential, main and comp and the search. significance is described.

• 10 months later...

Comprehensive keywords - Is it worth adding keywords under this heading or is it likely to lower your CTR? I tend to copy and past ready made lists into the comprehensive box but my feeling is that this is not really worth the trouble and is probably pushing me down to the bottom of the search lists. Any suggestions? :-)

I stopped using comps years ago when I realised most sales came from pretty straightforward search terms. There are plenty left over from early on, and occasionally I'll delete spammy keywords from comp but otherwise I've usually left the existing ones.

I usually have indoors or outdoors, nobody, day, daytime, location in comprehensive. Sometimes clothing, since I've seen searches for jeans, denims, etc.

One search and zoom recently was "walk cool pants". Weird search term, because I don't know if he/she was searching for season (cool) or cool pants. Anyway, the image zoomed was of a walker in the winter. I haven't checked, but I must've had the keyword pants. But I think I had cold, not cool. Oh, well.

I stopped using comps years ago when I realised most sales came from pretty straightforward search terms. There are plenty left over from early on, and occasionally I'll delete spammy keywords from comp but otherwise I've usually left the existing ones.

Cheers Mark, Ed and Betty - useful to know. :-)

Archived