Could be tough photographing the Royals!

If that was the behaviour of a member of a rock band or a professional sportsman/woman, it would be called arrogant, rude and self-centred.

Thomas Paine was right.

dd

I don't know what Tom Paine was supposed to be right about but we don't know the circumstances, how long the photographer was taking and so on.

Anyway, Prince Philip is 94. He hasn't got time to suffer fools gladly. Even if he was inclined to.

Besides, he's a Navy man.  Not going to give ground to the RAF.

I don't know what Tom Paine was supposed to be right about but we don't know the circumstances, how long the photographer was taking and so on.

Anyway, Prince Philip is 94. He hasn't got time to suffer fools gladly. Even if he was inclined to.

Besides, he's a Navy man.  Not going to give ground to the RAF.

You are quite right about us not knowing all the circumstances . . . but that's irrelevant to my point, which still stands.

Mark Twain was also right.

dd

I don't know what he was right about, either.

We know and love Prince Philip, warts and all. You don't have to, but we will defend him.

I think an airman in the course of duty can cope with a tetchy superior. WHat photographer hasn't dealt with impatient subjects?

We know and love Prince Philip, warts and all. You don't have to, but we will defend him.

I think an airman in the course of duty can cope with a tetchy superior. WHat photographer hasn't dealt with impatient subjects?

I have often dealt with impatients subjects . . . some of whom moved from impatience to displaying themselves as arrogant, rude and self-centred subjects . . . but never once found such behaviour suddenly hilarious or acceptable because of who that subject was--which remains my point.

As always, I speak for myself only.

dd

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a stock photography forum, and not a place to have political discussions, so this will be my first and last post on this thread.

I've been a subject of this particular family for my whole life, and on the whole,  I'd much rather that the UK was a democracy, like some other countries are.

Just to say, I will not be lifting a finger to defend them.  Nor, you may by now have realised, do I love any of them.

Sorry,  I did not intend to make this into a political discussion.  More about photographing groups and running into this kind of pressure from someone on a shoot.  I am not a wedding photographer, but the few that I have shot, I have seen people act like this.  Does not make the already difficult job, any easier.

I've never done this type of photography and likely wouldn't be any good at it. However, I'm sure that when a subject behaves this way, it can turn the photographer's job into a real nightmare.

P.S. I won't get into my thoughts about the royals, but I guess the moral of the story is that anyone can be a royal pain in the you-know-what.

I'm mindful of the fact that this is a stock photography forum, and not a place to have political discussions, so this will be my first and last post on this thread.

I've been a subject of this particular family for my whole life, and on the whole,  I'd much rather that the UK was a democracy, like some other countries are.

Just to say, I will not be lifting a finger to defend them.  Nor, you may by now have realised, do I love any of them.

If it's not a place to have a political discussion then don't have one.  I am proud to be a subject of the Crown in this particular democracy. Whether you are is your business.

For the record, you are not a subject of Prince Philip. He's the Queen's Consort, not the Queen.

I have reported my own post as well as yours.

Sorry,  I did not intend to make this into a political discussion.  More about photographing groups and running into this kind of pressure from someone on a shoot.  I am not a wedding photographer, but the few that I have shot, I have seen people act like this.  Does not make the already difficult job, any easier.

No apology necessary and you didn't

I have been commissioned to take group photographs with Phillip's eldest son twice. Odd jobs for me given my line in photography but I was asked and they were paying well so I did it, twice. Apparently I have a very high security rating so am a safe bet that needs no checking out beforehand. I was surprised at that given my views on the royals and my politics but I guess they knew I am also peaceful and wouldn't harm him! Anyway, the biggest prats on both days were the bumptious jobsworth sycophants  who surround the royals. I swatted those away with no problem. Charlie himself was pleasant enough and just grinned and bore it like a pro. He even said "well done, thank you". 

I imagine that the corgis are the toughest Royals to photograph. They look like they can get really cantankerous. B)

Of course they do, they are Welsh, our bite is worse than our growl. 

I imagine that the corgis are the toughest Royals to photograph. They look like they can get really cantankerous. B)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep that in mind.

I've always wondered, are the royal corgis in the lineup for the throne?

It's Princess Ann's Dogs that have the reputation for trouble. One dispatched one of the Queens Corgis in a particularly brutal way. Another attacked a couple in Windsor Great Park.

Being Welsh they are probably more entitled than the 'so-called' Prince of Wales. The last real one died in 1282. Prince, not Corgi!

Being Welsh they are probably more entitled than the 'so-called' Prince of Wales. The last real one died in 1282. Prince, not Corgi!

Wasn't the Corgi called Prince? :)

Allan

I'm going to start reporting this stuff if you don't give over!

While you're at it, you'd better report this from the BBC too

dd

I'm going to start reporting this stuff if you don't give over!

While you're at it, you'd better report this from the BBC too

dd

Not really a matter for our forum. It may all be a bit of fun but just because you can take cheap shots it doesn't mean you should.

It's still high treason to deny the succession.

Archived