Well done, Betty.  I know how difficult it can be at the moment to maintain the incentive to upload :mellow:, so have a greenie for your efforts!

Thank you, it is difficult. Sometimes I grind my teeth. Everything is roses for the moment, though. I must admit I've had time to paint my area of the Sin Bin a lovely cream color using a one-inch brush.

5000 exactly today.

Wow, congrats!

Don't you love it when that odometer changes over? Congratulations!

I took care to keyword just enough for it to stay on 5000.

Although I see that I had an update last Sunday so you'll be able to see how lazy I've been with the keywording today.

• 2 weeks later...

Since three weeks ago, when I started this thread, I've added approx. 240 images, including the ones that put me over the 3,000 mark.

It's amazing what one can do when one stays on the right side of QC. And I've sold 4 images so far this month, about two more than average.

I have a new zoom this morning. It's of one of the images newly added, and was zoomed by the file number. It had not been previously zoomed by a search term. What does that mean, and does it offer more chance of a sale when zoomed by file number?

I'll quit bragging now and try to wipe the smile off my face.

Betty

Good on you Betty, I too have been adding a few images but no sales to speak of this month so far. The inconsistency drives me bananas. lol

I'll quit boring you now and try to wipe the grimace off my face. ;)

[.....]

I have a new zoom this morning. It's of one of the images newly added, and was zoomed by the file number. It had not been previously zoomed by a search term. What does that mean, and does it offer more chance of a sale when zoomed by file number?

I'll quit bragging now and try to wipe the smile off my face.

Betty

Betty, when that happens to me I figure one of these 2 things happened:

--- image was first viewed under conditions that didn't register a zoom (original viewer not one of the clients whose zooms count; viewer landed on image in (indirect) way that didn't register zoom

--- agency researcher located image for client who then entered image ID in search box

- Ann

I've had 13 searches by the Alamy reference since the beginning of the year. Some have been previously zoomed, most haven't - though a couple have been zoomed subsequently.  6 have turned into sales (some not reported yet) so far - and I'm hoping for more based on the activity round a further couple of images.  So about a 50% chance of a sale from my (limited) figures. Like Ann I assume they are coming from lightboxes or picture researchers.

Archived