Useful development?

Martyn

Everything good and well....

I have a feeling it will disappear as fast as it came. Cameras are getting these days faster with better sensors.... i can not image that such a thing can be as fast and having the same image quality as for example a Sony A7 or Canon 5d. Also i dont see any advantage for adjusting sharpness afterwards. We are all teached and used to do it before. If we get used to to it right at the beginning we will not get "lazy" and save a lots of extra time. I even didnt mentioned the ability of using different lenses.

I don't see it necessary as a refined technology but either as an different under testing. The question is if it is really a practical one for more advanced photographers looking at the reasons above.

Mirco

This article, or versions of it, have been predicting the demise of "normal" camers for a year or three now . . . don't fall for the claim that you can simply focus after you've taken the image--you can't. What you can do is choose one of several different focus planes, which is far short of the claims often made.

Hyperbole: Alamy search results: 35.

dd

When do we get to hang out by the pool bar and send  the cameras out by themselves? 

Edo, that'll take some time . . . probably by Tuesday next week . . .

dd

Yes, it's time to refocus.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Allan

Thanks Alan….I didn't realise that they were one and the same !

Now if you could just point me to the thread that tells me how to get my submissions to keyword themselves…. :) !

When do we get to hang out by the pool bar and send  the cameras out by themselves? 

It could happen according to Stephen Hawking. In fact, the machines might eventually order us to shut up and go sit by the pool.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/innovation/item/39655-stephen-hawking-artificia

Archived