photo critique

qaz

f_icon.png

Let's talk about pics

Purely to talk about and share images, portfolio critique, inspire and general positivity.

dd

OK. SO HOW DOES ONE POST A PHOTO HERE, ALSO I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER PHOTOS. MAYBE AS Bdustydingo SAID WITH HIS CUT AND PASTE COMMENT ITS ONLY FOR PORTFOLIOS

Advice about saleability.IS EXACTLY WHAT ID LIKE TO OBTAIN FROM ANYONE WHO CARES TO COMMENT. THIS WORKS VERY WELL OVER AT I STOCK PHOTO AND KEEPS A LOT OF PEOPLE BUSY

i do wish people wouldn't make assumptions which imply i may not be aware of the obvious, like suggesting that i may think this is more a photo club than an agency. i may be new here but im actually less green may think

THANKS

No need to shout - it's easy.  Go to your Alamy image and copy location.  Come back here and click the image icon in the text header and paste.  Like this:

barman-making-cocktails-EA7X81.jpg

If it's an image not here, again just copy the URL location info and paste the jpg.

firstly i apologize...not shouting...just too lazy to correct it

Andy, pls say what u are referring to with "In that case then NO........I wrote no very slowly and in capital letters so it makes it easier to understand" i dont see another post from u

thanks for instructions on posting pics....and i must say thats a damn fine photo above, it looks suspiciously like one o mine :)

OK. SO HOW DOES ONE POST A PHOTO HERE, ALSO I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER PHOTOS. MAYBE AS Bdustydingo SAID WITH HIS CUT AND PASTE COMMENT ITS ONLY FOR PORTFOLIOS

Advice about saleability.IS EXACTLY WHAT ID LIKE TO OBTAIN FROM ANYONE WHO CARES TO COMMENT. THIS WORKS VERY WELL OVER AT I STOCK PHOTO AND KEEPS A LOT OF PEOPLE BUSY

i do wish people wouldn't make assumptions which imply i may not be aware of the obvious, like suggesting that i may think this is more a photo club than an agency. i may be new here but im actually less green may think

THANKS

Could you perhaps reply in a slightly friendlier way? Your experience isn't exactly visible on your forehead!

Cheers,

Philippe

as i find what u said mildly ....well, whatever, so  i don't feel much like being friendlier about the matter. and true i said nothing about my experience but that shouldn't be anyone's cue to make assumptions. lets leave it at that, no hard feelings.

and from one post above it does seem only to be for portfolios, i didn't write it!

No, there is not a forum here dedicated to photo critique.

When you settle down you will realise that this forum is absolutely packed with members who are more than willing to share their vast knowledge and experience with other members that are, in the main, their own competition.

With this in mind it is worth taking this into consideration when asking for help on issues that are related to your future in stock photography. You will encounter people that are new to the trade and you will encounter people that have been professional photographers for many decades who make a good living from stock, as you will amateur photographers who intend to make a bit of beer money. Despite the variety of knowledge and experience on here you will find that by far the vast majority of users are extremely helpful and portray a level of civility that you would not usually find on any other forum (well, not to my knowledge).

Now, I suggest you take a big breath and start again and you will find this forum is jam packed with some very nice people.

Did you ever hear what happened to the blind man who kept kicking his dog. Well, he only got half way across the road and no longer needs his dog.

Now let's play nicely.

Andy

so far people here seem to have BIG problem with people who are straight talking and to the point...im not about ice the cake with all sorts of sugary crap  just to appease a few [not all by any means] who want to indulge in child like behavior.....guess thats why u hang out on forums hey!, to be with others of ur kind

if u see my posts elsewhere on alamy u know what to do don't you

Screwgle, come back, all is forgiven . . .

dd

Strangely, he popped into my mind only the other day.

I wonder what his negative score would have been on this forum if he was still around?

Alan

Oh I sometimes think he/she is a lot closer than most would guess :-)

dd

Strangely, he popped into my mind only the other day.

I wonder what his negative score would have been on this forum if he was still around?

Alan

Oh I sometimes think he/she is a lot closer than most would guess :-)

dd

Pretty certain that is the case !

i take it thats an apology...

Ummm . . . no. Just a little experiment.

It's been a long time . . . you've hardly changed at all . . .

dd

Come later today (for a minute there I thought this was the weekend . . . ), I hope Alamy don't delete this thread . . . just closing it will suffice, allowing us a handy reminder of certain . . . things . . .

dd

oh i see, Screwgle is someone else u dont like, not me....ha-ha. sounds like a cool dude

[thought is was just a rude name for me]

Ah, self-flattery, that comforting wet-nurse of the nursery, that invisible inflator of the playground ego . . .

. . . neither of which are well represented in the Alamy archive--opportunity presents itself in the most unexpected quarters . . .

dd

Come on, qaz. Your real intention here is to see how many red tickets you can collect before Alamy closes this post, right. Sorry, but I don't give red tickets . . . or critiques on portfolios. (Would 9 images be considered a portfolio or a pamphlet?) 

Archived