When using Lightroom, if you put all your keywords in quotes it treats them as a single entity and doesnt alphabetically order them.  Havent tried it with Alamy uploads but should work for copy/paste purposes?  

Yes, you are correct, but it wouldn't half mess up the overall keywords in my Lightroom catalogue!  Not sure how you would get all of them copied together either, particularly if you use (as I do) synonyms within keywords.   

Now you know why I continue to use the old Manage Images.  I just like it better, and because I continue to use it, it is still available to me.  Apparently, if one did not use it on a fairly regular basis, one lost it.

Pretty bad when the old version is better than the new.  Of course, the new has the batch feature, but since I keyword before uploading, that isn't useful for me.  I would imagine there are aspects of the batch that I could use, but I've been scared to death that if I tried to add something to several images through batch, I'd lose all the keywords I already had imputed.  I've just never understood batch very well.

Not understanding batch well, I suggest this...allow all keywords already assigned remain if one drags a bunch of images into it, yet you want to change or add a keyword or two, without having to start over.  For instance, if I only have my location in the location field, but decide it is more important to the image and want to add my location to the main body of keywords, I should be able to do that.  Maybe I have 10 images of different things that have whole sets of different keywords, but all were taken in a particular city.  I want to add that location to the main body of keywords.  I should be able to drag those 10 images into batch and add that location without losing all the previously assigned keywords.

If that is possible, let me know?  I've been afraid to try it, for fear I would have to re-keyword each image again.

Betty

Hi Betty - Not sure why you think that if you use the new Manage Images you lose the old version. Haven't used the old system for years but just tried and got in without problem. IMO both versions have pluses and minuses which is probably why Alamy has retained both. At the end of the day it depends on your workflow process as to which suits better.

dov

Now you know why I continue to use the old Manage Images.  I just like it better, and because I continue to use it, it is still available to me.  Apparently, if one did not use it on a fairly regular basis, one lost it.

Pretty bad when the old version is better than the new.  Of course, the new has the batch feature, but since I keyword before uploading, that isn't useful for me.  I would imagine there are aspects of the batch that I could use, but I've been scared to death that if I tried to add something to several images through batch, I'd lose all the keywords I already had imputed.  I've just never understood batch very well.

Not understanding batch well, I suggest this...allow all keywords already assigned remain if one drags a bunch of images into it, yet you want to change or add a keyword or two, without having to start over.  For instance, if I only have my location in the location field, but decide it is more important to the image and want to add my location to the main body of keywords, I should be able to do that.  Maybe I have 10 images of different things that have whole sets of different keywords, but all were taken in a particular city.  I want to add that location to the main body of keywords.  I should be able to drag those 10 images into batch and add that location without losing all the previously assigned keywords.

If that is possible, let me know?  I've been afraid to try it, for fear I would have to re-keyword each image again.

Betty

Hi Betty - Not sure why you think that if you use the new Manage Images you lose the old version. Haven't used the old system for years but just tried and got in without problem. IMO both versions have pluses and minuses which is probably why Alamy has retained both. At the end of the day it depends on your workflow process as to which suits better.

dov

I haven't used the old version and I now can't access it, only the newer version.

Dov, you must have used it fairly recently. How did you access the old measures? All the options I have take me to the new version. I would be interested if I could access the old version.

John.

dov

I haven't used the old version and I now can't access it, only the newer version.

Dov, you must have used it fairly recently. How did you access the old measures? All the options I have take me to the new version. I would be interested if I could access the old version.

John.

Exactly.  I know I read about some users saying the old version had become unavailable to them quite awhile ago.  I make sure I use it regularly, so I won't lose it.  

Wim, a greenie for you.  You continue to amaze me how you dig things out from the slag pile. :)  Now, if you could only come to my house and figure out why I have to reboot my router several times a day after it goes off line by itself, I'd give you 100 greenies.  I can't figure out if it is my provider or my Apple products.  Not the router, since I bought new twice recently.

Wim, a greenie for you.  You continue to amaze me how you dig things out from the slag pile. :)  Now, if you could only come to my house and figure out why I have to reboot my router several times a day after it goes off line by itself, I'd give you 100 greenies.  I can't figure out if it is my provider or my Apple products.  Not the router, since I bought new twice recently.

Thank you! I would not be a great help in case of the router I'm afraid: had the same problem with a system I had installed myself that had run for years without problems here in the house in Holland and at home in the US. Eventually I got in a wizard from my provider (they do provide excellent service) who wasn't at all impressed with the long running stuff: outdated not well suited for new protocols. He installed a brand new one and I have had to restart only twice in a full year. because I hadn't installed it myself, mastering it is still going on though ;-)

Hence probably the two restarts.

wim

Wim, this just takes me to my usual My Alamy page and when I go to Manage Images I don't get the choice of using the old version. I was pretty new to Alamy when they made the change and I guess I hadn't uploaded enough images to qualify as someone who had used the first version a lot. So I lost the choice right away. I'm not worried about it -- just hoping I like the new one when it comes along.

Paulette

Wim, this just takes me to my usual My Alamy page and when I go to Manage Images I don't get the choice of using the old version. I was pretty new to Alamy when they made the change and I guess I hadn't uploaded enough images to qualify as someone who had used the first version a lot. So I lost the choice right away. I'm not worried about it -- just hoping I like the new one when it comes along.

Paulette

Worth the try. Here's another:

http://www.alamy.com/manageimages-redirect.asp

but you're probably right: use it or lose it, I'm afraid.

Otoh you never know, a web master may just remove the link, but let the page in place. We already know that the page and the functionality is still there.

The links are just what I see in the address bar, when I'm logged in.

wim

Paulette

Paulette

Otoh you never know, a web master may just remove the link, but let the page in place. We already know that the page and the functionality is still there.

wim

Thanks Wim but like paulette it just takes me to my dashboard.

I'm not too concerned because i wouldn't have lost it if i had used it more often. As they say if you don't use it you lose it!

John.

Paulette

wim

Well that one is just a tease. I get the page where I should be able to choose the old version but when I choose it I just go to my dashboard. No big deal. Thanks for trying to help.

Paulette

Archived