Happy day

Mark Baigent

Congrats Mark. :)

Hearing news like yours makes me think I am doing something wrong. :(

Must try harder -must try harder -must try harder.

Allan

Thanks guys, over the years it has been a nice little top up. One which I must take more seriously and keep adding photographs.

Alan, my 2p worth, think commercialy.... what is in the news a lot and how can you shoot it ie obesity will be in the news for years to come so shoot sugary foods, fast foods etc.

John spending it is the easy bit :-)

Congrats Mark. :)

Hearing news like yours makes me think I am doing something wrong. :(

Must try harder -must try harder -must try harder.

Allan

It doesn't make me think I am doing something; I tells me I am doing something wrong :( roblem is I struggle to decide what is not right, but I have made signiificant changes so hopefully ....

Thanks guys, over the years it has been a nice little top up. One which I must take more seriously and keep adding photographs.

Alan, my 2p worth, think commercialy.... what is in the news a lot and how can you shoot it ie obesity will be in the news for years to come so shoot sugary foods, fast foods etc.

John spending it is the easy bit :-)

So true. At least I didn't spend it on junk food, although I have put on some weight, which I'm working on losing during these lean times.

Almost all of my sales have been editorial. Luckily I found a fertile niche during the 1990's that is still bearing fruit (touch wood). My newer, more general (i.e. non-niche) images don't do nearly as well.

Mark said:

"Alan, my 2p worth, think commercialy.... what is in the news a lot and how can you shoot it ie obesity will be in the news for years to come so shoot sugary foods, fast foods etc."

Thank you Mark for the advice. I will take it on board. As John says it would be good to find a niche too but they seem to be becoming few and far between these days.

My problem is I do not look at news enough and tend to shoot in a very general way. Perhaps I am wrong to try to photograph anything and everything, especially with such a small port.

Allan

Hi Allan

Thank you Mark for the advice. I will take it on board. As John says it would be good to find a niche too but they seem to be becoming few and far between these days.

My problem is I do not look at news enough and tend to shoot in a very general way. Perhaps I am wrong to try to photograph anything and everything, especially with such a small port.

I am no expert and it seems that the least expected photographs sell, my top sell is an image that I was about to delete for being bland and pointless!
But I think that in general we should think of our images as something that supports a story or message not a pretty pic in its own right.

Well down Mark. I'd say you have quite a clean library of usable images.

I dread to think what your sales would be with triple what you have in there. 

Thanks,

have more time to concentrate on stock so hopefully the collection will grow

Archived