Can anyone please recommend an online printing lab in the UK? So far I've looked at:

Proamimaging. They seem to get good reviews but they have a limited range of products and their ordering and payment system seem a little odd.

DS Colour Labs. I found some rather old reviews that were not too flattering.

Loxley Colour. A good range of products, but no prices. I did email them but they refused to give any prices until I registered with them. If anyone has a price for a standard 10x8 so I can compare with the others I would be grateful.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks,

Chris.

I find the Loxley site a little strange but their service to me has always been good as has the quality. They have an online ordering system (ROES) hence the registration need I guess. Just checked a 10x8 is 1.60 + VAT so certainly not expensive.

When I have stuff worth printing I use http://www.theprintspace.co.uk . Good range of papers for arty stuff (you can get a sample pack) and c-types. Always done good work for me.

Paul

Second recommendation for Printspace who I have used for about a year or so and have always had good results whenever I collect the images.  

It's an old maxim but true that yer gets wat yer pay for

But ...

Metro Imaging is London's top professional lab.  Some of the prices are frightening (£73.50 + vat  for a premier giclee 20x16").  But I have found that like-for-like, online services work out a bit cheapert than many other professional labs.  It is just that other labs don't offer the more expensive services, and when they do (such as framing) Metro is probably better and sometimes cheaper.

However, don't take my word for it: do checkout comparisons.

http://www.metro-print.co.uk/home (online service)

http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/professional-photographic-printing (main site)

My site hosted by The Image File has a totally automated printing system via Loxely Colour. I set the foundation of the pricing structure and I get to see what the profit margin is and after that I just make the images and upload to a gallery. I used the basic website template, but I liked it. Not plugging my site but you can have a look at the way it's all laid out. Dead easy for the client and the back end is super straight forward. 

You get trade prices on printing and you can set a mark up. There's loads of other labs to choose from, I just heard of the name Loxely and used them. A woman from work ordered a print and it arrived at her home 2 days later. Excellent packaging and the print was amazing even to my eyes lol 

www.campsie.photography 

Tried Whitewall?

Allan

Are Whitewall in the UK now? The last time I ordered prints from them, they were sent from Germany.

Good quality prints all the same, but took an age to arrive.

They have a London phone number so assumed they are in UK. Maybe lab is in Germany.

Allan

Archived