Is QC working nights?

For the second time in a row, my submissions have passed QC at 9:30 at night my time, which must be about 2:30 in the morning Brit time.

So are they cracking the whip over there and chaining them to their monitors?

Or is there a set release time?

Jill

Could it be that the emails are sent by auto system during the night when the system is not as busy?

Yes, I thought it might be something like that.  In 'track submissions' it says the batch passed QC on 28/08/14, which is today.  

If someone is burning the midnight oil, then thank you - nice to get some good news first thing in the morning......

I  wasn't referring to the emails. Sometimes I never even get an email. But just checking the submissions. At 9:15 at night (my time) hadn't passed. Checked again at 9:30 and they had passed. So maybe John is right and the QC is done elsewhere, not in the UK.

Jill

I checked my submission just after midnight, and it was waiting QC. The email was sent just after 1am. I'm guessing both happened at the same time ish. Like other have said, it's probably done during the day, and the system updates overnight.

Archived