I asked the forum to look at my site and tell me if I should continue with stock or not on the old website..One gentleman even sent me a message stating he would answer questions but I lost him when they changed this site...Anyway, I just sold another picture and it is definitely because of him and each of you that answered me.  All of you told me to change my keywords.  I did and my views are more each day.  I get more zooms and I just made another sale...So thanks to all of you for your help...

The first image I looked at:

"D0KNX7 -  Rights Managed     Tampa's highrises across from the port."

contains a non-existing word, implying more keywording needed

(high rise, high-rise, not highrises)

(didn't check Measures for %highrises%)

I do not know about you but I often keep spelling mistakes in. My theory  is that if I can spell it wrong then so can someone else. I just put them further down the list and certainly not in essential keywords.

You never know!!

...contains a non-existing word...

Tee hee Jeff, were you being ironic? What about non-existent compound words?  :P

I keep intentionally mis-spelled words as keywords too, especially for medical keywords. Although I draw the line at "niffypiddypeddypine" as a blood pressure drug was once described to me.

LOL you guys made me laugh and I will go and fix my error.  I will continue to work on my keywords now that I am seeing how important they are....you guys are great...thanks again for all of your help...

I cringe when I have to type Sydney Harbor Bridge in my keywording or take the u out of every word which ends in "our" (colour, neighbour etc etc) but that's the way it is if you want to license images worldwide.  Looking at my Statcounter on my website, it would appear that only about 10% of the world can spell the word "aborigine"!

Sheila

(and I won't dwell on the inability to spell "definitely" on any forum anywhere!

I asked the forum to look at my site and tell me if I should continue with stock or not on the old website..One gentleman even sent me a message stating he would answer questions but I lost him when they changed this site...Anyway, I just sold another picture and it is definitely because of him and each of you that answered me.  All of you told me to change my keywords.  I did and my views are more each day.  I get more zooms and I just made another sale...So thanks to all of you for your help...

I didn't see your earlier post, Judy. But your stuff looks good with a nice mix of subjects. I don't know what your problem was with your keywords. Keep shooting and submitting!

Well done on the sale. I got my first sale last month, they bought the image twice for different dates. I was over the moon, however that wore off. :)

Getting more pics and strict keywording seems to be the key. Getting the time to do it is the issue

Archived