Measures ... sales

Hello everyone,

I am asking myself something. At Alamy measure you can see how many sales there where on a specific day. Are this all the sales or is there not 100 percent shown? I ask this because i am curious what happens if a "non Alamy measures" client buys a licence. Does it means that this sale will be not shown in that area and only in "summary of sales"?

I hope i explained myself good.

Thank you.

Mirco

I tallied up November 2013 sales at the end of the month last year using Alamy measures and came up with roughly 1700-1800 sales.  I added them up again last week and came up with a number of 5465 approximately.  I guess that means that not all sales are immediately reported.

I tallied up November 2013 sales at the end of the month last year using Alamy measures and came up with roughly 1700-1800 sales.  I added them up again last week and came up with a number of 5465 approximately.  I guess that means that not all sales are immediately reported.

Even that is probably still a fraction of the sales. When the figures were published it was possible to work out the rough number of sales (the posts will still be in the old forum) but they were, IIRC, around 150-170k per annum and I would expect them to be higher now.

The sales column in Measures (other than your own) is pretty meaningless due to the way they are recorded.

True reflection of sales is if you go back 6 months or so and look at that number. If you just look at yesterday that is sales from zooms on that day and not when a sale is made days after the zoom.If you look at yesterdays sales and record the number , then check that day in a months time it will have grown

Regards

So it means that days from the past will be still updated and shown sales of today are only direct sales?

So it also means because i am since end august 2013 on Alamy that the most chance for reported sales will be now for me since i am now 6 months on Alamy.

Is my thinking true?

Mirco

^^I would say so, Mirco, yes.  As an example, I have an image that was zoomed on 7th Oct, likely licensed on that date or shortly after, used in an online and magazine article dated 22nd Nov, but is still yet to be reported as licensed.  This is pretty common, as I understand it.

Archived