I was a bit taken aback to see this posted on Alamy's front page tonight: "It's simple - $49 for all rights."

Anyone know what it refers to?

UPDATE: Now I see that it refers to vectors (hidden by the search box on my browser), not stock photos. Whew!

So what's these 'ere Vectors then?

My understanding is that CAD drawings are saved as vectors so that they can be scaled to any size without any loss of quality, whereas all other stuff is bit-mapped, and quality dependent on the size and density of the original. If this is the case, and I suspect that in this context it might not be, what is the format/route for the submission of vectors?

I was a bit taken aback to see this posted on Alamy's front page tonight: "It's simple - $49 for all rights."

UPDATE: Now I see that it refers to vectors (hidden by the search box on my browser), not stock photos. Whew!

...and that's £49

...and that's £49

I think its 49 of whatever currency you choose. Says 49 euro in Germany, when I change to English it says 49$. 

I was considering doing some vectors until I saw that $49 all rights. Take out Alamy's commission, and it isn't worth the time it takes to create a vector to sell it.  There is a lot of work in creating a decent vector drawing. So if it is the same 50%, then I would get $24.50 for 3-4 hours work? Better to work at McDonalds.

I was considering doing some vectors until I saw that $49 all rights. Take out Alamy's commission, and it isn't worth the time it takes to create a vector to sell it.  There is a lot of work in creating a decent vector drawing. So if it is the same 50%, then I would get $24.50 for 3-4 hours work? Better to work at McDonalds.

Tin Hortons would be a better bet IMO. But stay away from the donuts. ;)

Anything that you draw in software like cad, 3D studio, Adobe illustrator, Coreldraw etc. They can be scaled without loss as they are not bit maps (like photos)

Like these

http://all-free-download.com/

Thanks, I understand the basic concept, if not the technology behind it. Not sure why Alamy would want to get into this market, which seems flooded with freebies. But they no doubt have their reasons.

Thanks, I understand the basic concept, if not the technology behind it. Not sure why Alamy would want to get into this market, which seems flooded with freebies. But they no doubt have their reasons.

OIC

No I do not get it either, there is so much free clipart avaiable.

Archived