Just checking to see if those of you who were expecting a payment this month have received it? My Alamy account says the payment was transferred on the 2nd, but I haven’t received it yet. If the rest of you have, I will query it. 

I have not yet received it, - these days it normally arrives on or around 9th of the month, which is rather later than it used to, but today, on 13th, it has still not arrived. 

A more cynical person than I might wonder how much interest Alamy is making from our payments being withheld for longer periods of time, and whether they should pay us that interest.

Kumar

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Mine appeared in my bank account today, 13th. So much for "We'll pay you on the 1st."

Because of this maybe?

wim

12 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Because of this maybe?

wim

Wim,

I know it was a one day bank holiday but why does Alamy persist in stating "Next payment date 1st of the month?

I can do fund transfers in less than five minutes, it does not take 12 days.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Wim,

I know it was a one day bank holiday but why does Alamy persist in stating "Next payment date 1st of the month?

I can do fund transfers in less than five minutes, it does not take 12 days.

Wasn't there an American bank involved? I seem to remember that was the reason everything got converted to $$ and back.

Maybe that was only in the beginning. Plus I was living in the US at the time, so my memory could be totally false.

wim

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mother’s Day was this past Sunday but it’s not a bank holiday the next day (Monday) because of it.

This bank holiday was on May 6 I believe.

May Day is not always on the first of the month like in some European countries. And there it would be their Labor Day. Strike that, the correct expression seems to be International Workers' Day. Which seems to have been an American invention believe it or not.

Here (in Holland) we call it (translated) Day of Labor (Dag van de Arbeid) but it's not a public holiday. There may be the odd march or celebration still, but not many. Memorial Day and Victory Day are the same week (May 4th and 5th) also no public holidays. Lots of memorial services in the early evening on the 4th and (pop) music festivals throughout the day and evening on the 5th though.

wim

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, wiskerke said:

This bank holiday was on May 6 I believe.

May Day is not always on the first of the month like in some European countries. And there it would be their Labor Day. Strike that, the correct expression seems to be International Workers' Day. Which seems to have been an American invention believe it or not.

Here (in Holland) we call it (translated) Day of Labor (Dag van de Arbeid) but it's not a public holiday. There may be the odd march or celebration still, but not many. Memorial Day and Victory Day are the same week (May 4th and 5th) also no public holidays. Lots of memorial services in the early evening on the 4th and (pop) music festivals throughout the day and evening on the 5th though.

wim

Our traditional Labor Day, a bank holiday, is the first Monday of September. The last Monday in May is Memorial Day, another bank holiday.

Edited by Betty LaRue