Just curious, do you have an image(s) that sells over & over? I’m not asking you to post it, unless it’s not easily duplicated.

i’ve had several that’s sold 4-7 times, but have a hot one now (that I won’t post) that has sold 17 times in the past 12 months.

Here’s one that has sold multiple over years.

ATP1NR.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Not on Alamy but I have a few such images on microstock sites. They are not on Alamy because are between 6-8 Mp and were made during the years when Alamy did not accept such sizes. But for now they made so many sales at microstocks that each gave me several hundred $$, I do not mind that they are not on Alamy 🙂

On Alamy my repeat sellers are just a few bats, particularly hammerhead which I was capturing in DRC many years ago. Not much competition for such niche demand.

• Like 1

Polar bears... especially if they look like they are losing ice. I'd guess anything about climate change would be in demand. I feel rather guilty about adding to the alarm because the ice was perfect for them where I was. Yes, some spotty places but they need that to get under the ice to the seals. Poor little seals. My sea otters also sell well. So cute.

Paulette 

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if the topic related to an image or a photographer 🙃

Yes, quite a few repeat sellers, it also helps if they relate to current news topics. Nothing I care to post, sorry!

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

Oh yeah --- I just had a $$$ sale today on a frequent seller. I don't see $$$ sales that often these days. My best photo for the number of sales and earnings was of my regular little osteria in Rome, just outside the building I lived in long ago.

🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Boy, yes Paulette, your polar bear images are hot, not only beautiful but illustrating a newsworthy theme.
The thing I find is when I took a particular image I never had a feeling it would be a great seller, that it would stand apart. Maybe I felt, like my “garage band” image, it was a distinct opportunity I saw and took advantage of, but no feeling other than that.

The other one that is hot right now so happened to become sort of newsworthy after I took it, so of course, since I can’t see in the future, had no idea it would be in demand.

This one, like the garage band, was a sudden opportunity that made me run & get my camera. Both opportunities were directly across the street from my house. This one isn’t so hot at the moment, but was for a while, especially to foreign countries. They are playing Twister on a game bought at my garage sale minutes before!

ACAM8W.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Oh yeah --- I just had a $$$ sale today on a frequent seller. I don't see $$$ sales that often these days. My best photo for the number of sales and earnings was of my regular little osteria in Rome, just outside the building I lived in long ago.

🙂

Yay! Those $$$ are hard to come by!

• Love 1

18th outing for one of mine this week.  Took ten years to get there.

And going back to "too many similars", 12 other images of the same subject have knocked up 22 further sales.

🦔

• Love 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Just curious, do you have an image(s) that sells over & over? I’m not asking you to post it, unless it’s not easily duplicated.

i’ve had several that’s sold 4-7 times, but have a hot one now (that I won’t post) that has sold 17 times in the past 12 months.

Here’s one that has sold multiple over years.

ATP1NR.jpg

Excellent garage band stock photo.  👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

18th outing for one of mine this week.  Took ten years to get there.

And going back to "too many similars", 12 other images of the same subject have knocked up 22 further sales.

🦔

Well…hello! You’ve topped me for sure! 😊 Tell me, did you have a clue when you took that set that they would be hot? Or were they taken as business as usual?

Funny thing for me is a few images I took over years that I really expected to be good sellers have been duds. That fact illustrates the “spray & pray” outlook may be the best one.

• Like 1

My best seller is from two similar shoots at the same place.  I don't post the images as they could be replicated with some determination.  I don't have the exact count of the number of sales, but the gross revenue is $13, 652.00  over many years. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I'd be toast without my stable of repeat sellers. Some of my Mexico travel-related images still do surprisingly well considering they are getting a bit long in the tooth. A number of them have licensed many times over the years, and they continue to find buyers. I also have several unusual images shot closer to home that have become quite popular. Like this one...

spring-flowers-growing-in-a-toilet-bowl-

• Love 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I don't have the exact count of the number of sales, but the gross revenue is $13, 652.00  over many years. 

Wow. That's an unachievable champion compared to my ones.

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Well…hello! You’ve topped me for sure! 😊 Tell me, did you have a clue when you took that set that they would be hot? Or were they taken as business as usual?

Funny thing for me is a few images I took over years that I really expected to be good sellers have been duds. That fact illustrates the “spray & pray” outlook may be the best one.

It was a long running local story which  I had followed.
I had an idea it would run but not to the extent that it did.

Zeitgeist helped.

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

My best seller is from two similar shoots at the same place.  I don't post the images as they could be replicated with some determination.  I don't have the exact count of the number of sales, but the gross revenue is $13, 652.00  over many years. 

Now I’m depressed. 😉