daily exposures: 295,371,245,210,160,288,175,180,180,164,97*,99**,15***,149****
*caught cold began to slow down
**weak & wobbly
***rainy day sick only hotel photos
****camera's half-press-to-focus stopped working
overall: good destination for stock photos, friendly locals, cost of living low
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the pictures Jeff. Please post when they start to go live. 

How many can you process each day and how many 'keepers'? 😀

I see 410 images when I search my own for 'Merida Mexico' ( one or two are 1960s slide copies) - think we had 5 nights in the city in total.

It was very hot in April had to have midday break.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

*caught cold began to slow down
**weak & wobbly
***rainy day sick only hotel photos

Could be Covid - might be worth testing. I got what I thought was a cold last week. Heavy nasal congestion mainly. I had some Covid tests left over so I decided to use one and lo and behold a big +. It got a bit flu-like (limb aches, low energy, no fever) for a few days but no lung problems. Thankfully it's cleared now - nothing like the last time two years ago when it was really nasty. 

• Like 1

thanks for advice;

worst day was full day without cold medicine

bought "Tusingen" 6-hr syrup after that;

?cold? winding down, now wife ducking explosive phlem  😲_ 😲_ 😲

first travel health incident since 2012 ruptured disk Mendoza ARG;

as to processing, will start with deleting lesser images, usually 60%

of total are keepers; but another 7-night cruise itinerary couple weeks;

biggest issue RX10 IV half-press-to-focus stopped working, may switch

to RX100 VII soon than planned if not solved in few days...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MDM said:

I had some Covid tests left over so I decided to use one and lo and behold a big +. 

Damn it, Michael -- those bugs are following you around. And now a germ-filled Jeff.

Edited by Ed Rooney

Jeff,

it’s funny you should post this now. We’re just back from a long weekend in London. I always do well there with some street photography, as well as some of the normal well known sites. I decided not to take too much gear so I packed  my X Pro 2 and two zooms, a 10-24 and an 18-55 along with my Sony RX100 mkvi. Photography had to be balanced with my wife’s patience (she is very good and pretty tolerant if I don’t push my luck). This how it went…

Friday - Travelled up, dumped our bag at the hotel. Managed a short walk on the South Bank. returned to hotel, checked in and left the camera gear behind as we were off to a play (Dear England which was excellent). Not to much photography.

Saturday - Met up with my in laws and then shot off the Greenwich, a new area of London for all of us. I couldn’t get too wrapped up with the camera but I’d done some research, and had a few pics in mind. I got most of those, and then a few other shots I was really pleased with, without having everyone waiting for me.

Sunday - We had tickets booked for ABBA Voyage, that evening, which was some way from our hotel. We decided we wouldn’t return to the hotel until after the show and would stay out all day. I didn’t want to take the camera bag to the show with me so I went out with just the Sony. We spent the morning in Spitalfields Market and Brick Lane. Brilliant for street shots and made a lot easier with the little RX100. No one pays that much attention to you with that. Post show, we spent that evening chatting with three ladies visiting London from Indiana, USA. They’d sussed out that Wetherspoons prices were reasonable for London. They were sitting on the table next to us. We got talking and spent a pleasant couple of hours with them. 

Monday - Travel back day.

Overall, a nice bunch of images for Alamy ( I’ll post some in the favourite uploads thread) and some family pics from the Saturday All in all, a great weekend away.

2TA05BY.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

How many can you process each day and how many 'keepers'? 😀

of 2639 exposures, prolly 1450 keepers

each day of shooting wishfully 1 week, prolly almost 2 weeks...

(that's editing, tagging, processing, uploading)

lots of breaks to do other things...

we both took Merida Hotel stained glass marquee;

prolly dozen+ of that already online;

evening shots will have advantage, mine daytime...

IMC was next door HIX (4) nights;

day 1 keepers = 169/295 = ~57%

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

we both took Merida Hotel stained glass marquee;

prolly dozen+ of that already online;

evening shots will have advantage, mine daytime...

IMC was next door HIX (4) nights;

day 1 keepers = 169/295 = ~57%

We stayed Acqua in Bocca Hotel on Calle 60 - small, quiet, shady courtyard, swimming pool. But no food.

On 30/11/2023 at 18:40, MDM said:

Could be Covid - might be worth testing. I got what I thought was a cold last week. Heavy nasal congestion mainly. I had some Covid tests left over so I decided to use one and lo and behold a big +. It got a bit flu-like (limb aches, low energy, no fever) for a few days but no lung problems. Thankfully it's cleared now - nothing like the last time two years ago when it was really nasty. 

Sorry to hear you have covid AGAIN Mick.

Allan

9 hours ago, geogphotos said:

We stayed Acqua in Bocca Hotel on Calle 60 - small, quiet, shady courtyard, swimming pool. But no food.

Merida is one of my favourite cities in Mexico. I first visited 46 years ago (Yikes!). It seemed exotic back then. The population was less than half of what it is now. On my last visit in 2013, we stayed right downtown at the Hotel Colonial, an attractive, old Spanish-style hotel with lumpy beds and noisy AC. Nice views of the cathedral from the rooftop swimming pool. Here's what the cathedral looked like in 1987 (scanned negative). It probably hasn't changed much since the 1600's.

The 16th century cathedral or Catedral de Ildefonso on Plaza Grande in Merida (1987), Yucatan, Mexico. Stock Photo

• Like 1

new train system "Tren Maya" Flying Jaguar
opens in 2024
will circle entire Yucatan Peninsula;
preparations now include increased events
& attractions in Merida anticipating Cancun visitors...

I forgot -- I did get lit shot of Merida Hotel marquee
but it don't look much different than daytime image...

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
new train system "Tren Maya" Flying Jaguar
opens in 2024
will circle entire Yucatan Peninsula;
preparations now include increased events
& attractions in Merida anticipating Cancun visitors...

I forgot -- I did get lit shot of Merida Hotel marquee
but it don't look much different than daytime image...

And presumably lots of magazine and news articles about destinations reachable from Cancun on the new train. 😀

Recent article about the "Tren Maya" here. You guys should see some photo sales this winter.

Mexico used to have an extensive passenger train system, and Obrador wants to revive it, which sounds like an excellent idea. I've taken the Copper Canyon train twice, once in the early 90's when it was still the old FNM train and again in the the early 2000's on the more modern "El Chepe" train. It's a wonderful trip. Here's a shot from 1991.

0riginal Ferrocarriles Nacional de Mexico train skirting the Rio Septentrion river, Copper Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico Stock Photo

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Recent article about the "Tren Maya" here. You guys should see some photo sales this winter.

Mexico used to have an extensive passenger train system, and Obrador wants to revive it, which sounds like an excellent idea. I've taken the Copper Canyon train twice, once in the early 90's when it was still the old FNM train and again in the the early 2000's on the more modern "El Chepe" train. It's a wonderful trip. Here's a shot from 1991.

0riginal Ferrocarriles Nacional de Mexico train skirting the Rio Septentrion river, Copper Canyon, Chihuahua, Mexico Stock Photo

I agree about the train system in Mexico. We used it in 1990 to get from Mexico City to Guanajuato and also Oaxaca. 

8 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I agree about the train system in Mexico. We used it in 1990 to get from Mexico City to Guanajuato and also Oaxaca. 

I used to take that same train to San Miguel de Allende from Mexico City. It was always on Mexican time, but that didn't bother me. Personally, I prefer slow trains -- clickety clack, clickety clack -- to ones than whiz through the countryside. Hopefully, AMLO won't cut down millions of trees for his next train project. Good luck with your Yucatan pics. You seem to be off to a flying start. Surprisingly, one of my old Merida shots licensed in October.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 13:33, geogphotos said:

Please post when they start to go live.

just delivered day 1 = (54) MIA + (114) Merida MX
access via me forum "images" link
within days if IM on the ball...
should appear in reverse order taken
curating entire 2650+ now, leaving wearisome tagging for last...

PS. IM's told me next system update -- that's tonight
bloody good show...

On 14/12/2023 at 02:52, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
just delivered day 1 = (54) MIA + (114) Merida MX
access via me forum "images" link
within days if IM on the ball...
should appear in reverse order taken
curating entire 2650+ now, leaving wearisome tagging for last...

PS. IM's told me next system update -- that's tonight
bloody good show...

Lovely bright colourful images.

Mark

On 21/12/2023 at 15:26, M.Chapman said:

Lovely bright colourful images.

Mark

thanks mate

you're one of my best Internet chums

7-night Caribbean cruise report:
1433 images, about 65% will be keepers;
Norwegian Cruise Line "Joy" itinerary from-to Port of Miami =
day at sea, Roatan Honduras, Costa Maya MX, Harvest Caye Belize, Cozumel MX, day at sea;
ports were "manufactured" shopping dining complexes;
had to take taxis when possible to see true town centers, real people, real culture;
plenty of photo opps on ship during days at sea;