I just wanted to say a big thank you to the infringement team.
I have recently had several large infringement payments - not from usages I've found and reported, just out of the blue - including a very healthy one this morning to round off the month nicely.
They are making an important contribution to my Alamy earnings and long may they continue.

Anyone else experiencing a significant increase in the last few months?

• Like 2

Yes, the same sentiments here though a little different in that most of my infringements are reported by myself (all images are marked as non-exclusive)

One big request that would make everybody'e life easeir and save Alamy staff work, time and money - share clients names more freely with us. This means we know straight away if the user is genuine or an infringer.  The old reason given for this about not wanting us to contact clients direct just really doesn't hold water ( in my opinion). 

My other place always provides the users' name - generally a publisher or media company - and it makes life so much easier for everybody concerned.

It also means more money coming in to all of us. 

We are on the same side so let's work together.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the infringement team.
I have recently had several large infringement payments - not from usages I've found and reported, just out of the blue - including a very healthy one this morning to round off the month nicely.
They are making an important contribution to my Alamy earnings and long may they continue.

Anyone else experiencing a significant increase in the last few months?

Yes I've seen a few too. But... if they haven't cleared yet, don't celebrate too soon. The smaller $$ infringement invoices I've had have cleared, but one of the larger ones $$$ hasn't cleared for months now. Even so they are a welcome boost to income.

Mark

3 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Yes I've seen a few too. But... if they haven't cleared yet, don't celebrate too soon. The smaller $$ infringement invoices I've had have cleared, but one of the larger ones $$$ hasn't cleared for months now. Even so they are a welcome boost to income.

Mark

That's a good point. If they were unwilling to pay for the pic in the first place they may not bother to pay the invoice. The smaller amounts often come through as already cleared - probably existing Alamy customers.
Still, I'm sure Alamy will spare no effort in pursuing the offenders through the courts until they pay up. 

I've had one for my jumping polar bear and it shows as cleared though the cleared balance on my Dashboard doesn't match cleared in Account Balance. That infringement doesn't match the difference. It's a bit confusing. Anyway, I am getting a payment this month and grateful for that $75.87 infringement found.

Paulette

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've just found an image of mine on a major UK newspaper website that's apparently been there since 2017 in a travel article. It's almost certainly come from the Alamy website, although Alamy infringements say they have no record of them ever having downloaded it, and can't take any action as it was removed from sale on the website a while ago and they have no way of being sure where the image was first obtained from.  The image is credited as mine on the website, but they have never contacted me to obtain a licence, nor tried to get one from Alamy. It's only ever been licensed once, and that licence expired in 2008. I've filled in a couple of "complaint" forms from the contact us pages on the offending website, but haven't had any meaningful response. Can anyone with some experience in this kind of thing give me any advice about what I should do next? 

2 hours ago, RVT said:

I've just found an image of mine on a major UK newspaper website that's apparently been there since 2017 in a travel article. It's almost certainly come from the Alamy website, although Alamy infringements say they have no record of them ever having downloaded it, and can't take any action as it was removed from sale on the website a while ago and they have no way of being sure where the image was first obtained from.  The image is credited as mine on the website, but they have never contacted me to obtain a licence, nor tried to get one from Alamy. It's only ever been licensed once, and that licence expired in 2008. I've filled in a couple of "complaint" forms from the contact us pages on the offending website, but haven't had any meaningful response. Can anyone with some experience in this kind of thing give me any advice about what I should do next? 

You could chase it yourself or get one of the copytracking agencies like Copytrack or Pixsy to do so.

I had two reported today. Both ones that I had found myself and passed to Alamy to finish off. Don't want to quibble but only getting 40% wrankles a bit. 

Also one paid by Pixsy for the same sort of use - amount nearly double and 50% split. So I continue to see advantages of labelling all my pics as Non-Ex.