Highlighted images lost in Bridge 2023

My problem is as described in title. I am on Windows 10, running latest version 2023 of everything PS + Bridge + ACR

In Bridge, when reviewing raw files, we can select several images by clicking CTRL+Shift (Windows). As many as we want. We then have to double-click on any for the lot to open in ACR.

This does not happen any more for me. Unless I close Bridge and re-open it. After highlighting a selection, I double-click and only the pic I clicked on opens up. I can see that the others are deselected straight away after the first click.

Two things happened for me: 

1. I've had my repaired laptop back after two months, so I only updated the CC suite recently.

2. I have a new mouse.

Mouse:

I played with several mouse/double-click speeds, it didn't make any difference

Bridge:

Bridge is behaving strangely. This morning it had in fact disappeared from my task bar. I re-created the shortcut. When opening up, it first displays a scrambled top bar and it takes ages (could be my laptop after repairs?). 

What do you experts reckon. Bridge or mouse or???

Please do not mention LR as a solution.

Lots of issues with the latest update reported on the Adobe forum - https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-issues/td-p/13274743

Mine wont even open - just freezes showing a box with a red cross and an OK button, no other explanation.  When I click on OK it shuts down.

Probably best to revert back to the previous version until it's sorted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Lots of issues with the latest update reported on the Adobe forum - https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-issues/td-p/13274743

Mine wont even open - just freezes showing a box with a red cross and an OK button, no other explanation.  When I click on OK it shuts down.

Probably best to revert back to the previous version until it's sorted.

Thank you Vincent. I had googled but not found this particular problem. I will take a closer look at the link tomorrow, it's nearly my bedtime. Your help is much appreciated.

I went back to Bridge 2022 as well. Numerous problems with 2023. First thing I noticed was the arrows on the numeric keypad didn't work. Zooms opening on the wrong monitor without a way to correct that. Lots of extra windows opening somehow.

There are updates every week it seems.

Current versions: Bridge 2022 12.04.

Bridge 2023 13.02.

Photoshop 24.1.

Raw 15.11.

If you need a previous version: in the Updater aka Creative Cloud Desktop click on the 3 dots and choose Other versions. Bridge 2022 12.03 was stable.

wim

• Like 2

They've really made a dog's dinner of Bridge 2023. It was such a cool simple tool to use. I loved it. The way to look for a keyword in the hierarchy is now barking mad. And I had no time to look in details at other features. I'm just keen to catch up with my backlog.

An automatic Bridge update just downloaded itself. I will take a look if things are better. What a shame!

Thank you Vince, Wim and Michael.

I don't know if this is a good idea, but it just popped into my head.  I was wondering if at the time of the repair they reinstalled windows.  Please don't blame me if it all goes horribly wrong if you chose to reinstall windows.  I think what I would do is pop in a different hard drive, install windows, install adobe,  then see how it works out.  I haven't had any problems with Adobe programs, fingers crossed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7

3 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

I don't know if this is a good idea, but it just popped into my head.  I was wondering if at the time of the repair they reinstalled windows.  Please don't blame me if it all goes horribly wrong if you chose to reinstall windows.  I think what I would do is pop in a different hard drive, install windows, install adobe,  then see how it works out.  I haven't had any problems with Adobe programs, fingers crossed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reinstall-windows-d8369486-3e33-7d9c-dccc-859e2b022fc7

Thank you for the suggestion. No they didn't re-instal Windows, they just changed the motherboard. I strongly suspect it's a Bridge problem. I will take a closer look soon when I have more time. I appreciate your time.

I'm on Bridge 13.0.2 and everything works well (so far, touch wood).

Have you tried (after selecting several images) to right-click with your mouse and then "select open in ACR" yet? 

Edited by vpics

12 hours ago, vpics said:

I'm on Bridge 13.0.2 and everything works well (so far, touch wood).

Have you tried (after selecting several images) to right-click with your mouse and then "select open in ACR" yet? 

I'm on what I believe is the latest Bridge version 13.0.2.636.

I had thought about your workaround but didn't try it, as I'm avoiding adding an extra step to a software that is supposed to be working.

It drives me bonkers. Yesterday I worked in Bridge for a couple of hours without problems. Then it started refusing moving files, so I closed it down and re-opened it. It tried to open that garbled version and sure enough, double-click didn't work anymore. I'm starting again this morning, garbled version loaded but double-click works for now. Go figure. If I have more problems, I will revert to previous Bridge version.

11 hours ago, gvallee said:

I had thought about your workaround but didn't try it, as I'm avoiding adding an extra step to a software that is supposed to be working.

It drives me bonkers. Yesterday I worked in Bridge for a couple of hours without problems. Then it started refusing moving files, so I closed it down and re-opened it. It tried to open that garbled version and sure enough, double-click didn't work anymore. I'm starting again this morning, garbled version loaded but double-click works for now. Go figure. If I have more problems, I will revert to previous Bridge version.

I wish they would not fix things that ain't broke.

Allan

14 hours ago, gvallee said:

I was just about to get started on some images I took at the Raptor place just after Christmas.  Maybe I'll skip over bridge and go right to ACR.

Jill