A general malaise

1 hour ago, Mr Standfast said:

Went into my local main dealer to have a misfire looked at.

"Sorry sir but we're not taking appointments for diagnostics till the new year..." I

Really!

Same story in Oz. No-one is doing anything until well into the new year. We need a new awning and I reckon it won't be until February. That's also the date my dentist appointment.

At least you don't live in your car! We had a breakdown once with our motorhome. The only 2 nearby garages were booked solid for the next 3 weeks. We ended up in a private mechanic's backyard with his chickens.

• Love 4

13 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Went into my local main dealer to have a misfire looked at.

"Sorry sir but we're not taking appointments for diagnostics till the new year..." I

Really!

You can get an inexpensive reader to get the fault codes if you fancy a DIY route, maybe try a forum for your make of car. But it's only helpful if you're going DIY- a dealer won't do anything without fleecing charging you for a diagnostic first.

Probably an injector, coil or the associated wiring.

Edited by spacecadet

11 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You can get an inexpensive reader to get the fault codes if you fancy a DIY route, maybe try a forum for your make of car. But it's only helpful if you're going DIY- a dealer won't do anything without fleecing charging you for a diagnostic first.

Probably an injector, coil or the associated wiring.

Agreed, but its cold out there! Found an independent who looked at it this AM. As with all modern cars the thing hasn't broken it's the sensor on the the thing! Had a look on Y tube when I got home and  it looks like a job for someone not wearing veri-focals and has had less birthdays than me. 😉

• Love 1

23 hours ago, gvallee said:

Same story in Oz. No-one is doing anything until well into the new year. We need a new awning and I reckon it won't be until February. That's also the date my dentist appointment.

At least you don't live in your car! We had a breakdown once with our motorhome. The only 2 nearby garages were booked solid for the next 3 weeks. We ended up in a private mechanic's backyard with his chickens.

A Lack of labour in the market place! Cleary Aus should not have left the EU! 😜🤪

4 hours ago, BobD said:

My wife had a small accident in her car 3 weeks ago and car not drive-able, still waiting for the ( insurance selected ) repairer to get the parts required.

Think of all of the fuel you are saving ! 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BobD said:

My wife had a small accident in her car 3 weeks ago and car not drive-able, still waiting for the ( insurance selected ) repairer to get the parts required.

Same for me, mine should be done this coming week. They’ve had it long enough. Meanwhile, insurance has provided me with a red sporty Mazda 2 door to drive for $0 cost to me. 

• Love 2