Is it usual for Alamy to take an 80% commission?

On the 7th of September I had a sale of RF 334.85$ and my surprise is that Alamy, takes 80% 🤨, no more and no less than 267.88$ commission. Is this normal? They have never taken so much from me before. It seems to me to be a joke. 🤬

8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Look at your Account Balance on the Dashboard. If it is a distributor you will see their cut there.

Paulette

Distribution would be 76% historically, though not contractually stated.

This looks like Manu was Silver Level. 

Note, you should now be back to Gold, assuming Alamy reads their own agreement, so make sure every sale until at least June 30, 2024 is at the 60% commission rate. 

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Distribution would be 76% historically, though not contractually stated.

This looks like Manu was Silver Level. 

Note, you should now be back to Gold, assuming Alamy reads their own agreement, so make sure every sale until at least June 30, 2024 is at the 60% commission rate. 

Do they change the rate as soon as you do $250, or does it start in July after they go over previous year's sales.  I thought your percentage doesn't change until every July, but I could be wrong.

Jill

13 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Do they change the rate as soon as you do $250, or does it start in July after they go over previous year's sales.  I thought your percentage doesn't change until every July, but I could be wrong.

Jill

The Agreement states that:

12.13 If you are subject to Alamy Silver and your total License Fees, net of any refunds, exceeds $250 at any point during the Revenue Year then the Alamy Commission will automatically revert to Alamy Gold for future sales during the Revenue Year

However this would rely on Alamy reading the agreement and abiding by it, something we have seen is not a guarantee

10 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

The Agreement states that:

12.13 If you are subject to Alamy Silver and your total License Fees, net of any refunds, exceeds $250 at any point during the Revenue Year then the Alamy Commission will automatically revert to Alamy Gold for future sales during the Revenue Year

However this would rely on Alamy reading the agreement and abiding by it, something we have seen is not a guarantee

That's good.  Had a nice sale for $125 the other day, so should get to the $250 in not too long assuming all future sales aren't for .07.

Jill

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, dunstun365 said:

I had a lousy $3.14 sale & Alamy & distrib. took $2.77 way more than 80%.  Come on Alamy that is not fair.

The distributor takes their cut first - typically 40% - and then Alamy takes 80% of what remains. They snuck the change in by removing the definition of the distributor's cut from the contract, so now we have no way of knowing what the distributor's cut will be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...