Sunset?

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have a few ball of sun sunsets....not sure if any have sold, maybe.  I just realized, they all have water as a common theme.

usa-mississippi-ms-biloxi-beach-at-sunse

usa-florida-key-west-schooner-at-sunset-

sunset-on-a-caribbean-tropical-beach-beq

Gorgeous Michael. I find that water is a subject that sells very well.

I have a few Sunset photographs in my Alamy portfolio, they are rarely things that I chase actively, it is more randomness and opportunity...

Sunset over Darwin Harbour:

sunset-over-darwin-harbour-in-the-northe

Japan Tokyo sunset:

sunset-in-the-shinjuku-district-of-tokyo

Darwin's Fannie Bay Sunset with power walkers:

couple-walking-at-sunset-at-fannie-bay-i

Silhouette of trees and man checking his mobile phone at sunset:

silhouette-of-trees-and-a-man-walking-wh

Darwin Mindil Beach Sunset Market:

mindil-beach-sunset-market-in-darwin-nor

I have a few other, but I think that this give an idea of the randomness of it.

Anyway, I do enjoy seeing sunset in real life, so thank you for this thread that shows plenty of them I had not seen.

• Love 2

Now remember some time back If on my own I would camp at Botallack in Cornwall, or if a family holiday stay with friends near Penzance. Sometimes I would head over to St Just, down the picturesque Cott Valley road to Porth Nanven to shoot a sunset over the rocky beach. On one such occasion around 25 photographers descended onto the small beach and started setting up tripods, never seen that before. I found that they were members of a Cornish photography club on an outing. Now I regret not moving back and incorporating the photographers silhouetted against the sunset into the image making them the primary subject. Hindsight is a great thing.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2022 at 10:07, Ed Rooney said:

Nice snap, Allan -- but has it sold? I have never had a digital image of a sunset sell. Never.

Perhaps one of the reasons that I didn't get kicked out of live news was that 'UK weather' soft news can be quite popular. Sunrises and sunsets often feature, eg:

southend-on-sea-essex-uk-27th-feb-2021-the-warm-sunny-day-has-ended-with-a-glowing-sunset-behind-the-palm-trees-and-visitors-along-the-seafront-at-southend-on-sea-people-walking-and-sitting-on-the-promenade-of-western-esplanade-as-the-sun-goes-down-during-the-covid-19-lockdown-two-females-sitting-and-eating-ice-cream-by-the-coast-2EPJRJW.jpg

• Love 1