AI, Text & Data Mining and what it means for you ......

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

From the lack of replies I assume that we need some help knowing what we should be alarmed about.

By scanning  your images with metadata a software  will learn what an Eiffel Tower looks like and will be able to create a new image that can be licensed or used commercially. Soon anyone at home will be able to create just about any image with an AI photo generator. Your photos won't be needed anymore.

From reading the text in the link I think I can see what AOP and Eyesite are concerned about.

For now awaiting developments. ( excuse the pun).

Allan

I know very little about this but came across this tweet showing a 'before and after' AI interpretation of a flower photo.

https://twitter.com/JevonCarey/status/1566301785580511232

The transformation from what is a very unremarkable photograph is quite extraordinary. I know of and admire photographers that achieve a similar look using multiple exposures and photoshop montages but then those elements have been difficult to capture and require a significant amount of pre-visualisation.

His whole account is worth a look. I believe he is using the software Midjourney which is at the free 'beta' stage.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CarloBo said:

Nothing to be concerned about, you can't stop technology advance and advantages. 

Can't wait for the day AI will drive my car.

Sorry but I will not be driving your car.

Allan  (Al)

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I know of and admire photographers that achieve a similar look using multiple exposures and photoshop montages but then those elements have been difficult to capture and require a significant amount of pre-visualisation.

Of course it now raises the seed of a doubt that they haven't been doing all that at all.

I am a bit shocked to see that artists and photographers are not reacting fast enough to the quick growing amount of people creating AI generated images and submitting them to stock agencies including Alamy. 

I think many agencies have been caught off guard and honestly, there are thousands of people in the AI groups I am in already making very quick money without knowledge or regards to all the copyright implications these images could have. 

Every day I see more and more photorealistic images of places and people. You can barely  notice the difference between an actual photo and an AI image. So I think we should be having this conversation now. 

Many of the images from Midjourney have  come out with watermarks from various stock agencies. It's all crazy. 

• Thanks 3

www.thisxdoesnotexist.com

To those who resort to red arrows...feel free to write your own thoughts, ask for help in case you are unable to write a sentence in simple plain English...

Edited by CarloBo
link
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4uMXDKPRtpXWnTL56

thats a photo of a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich created usung DALL-E

you can make your own on this site using softwre created by  BAIDU  

https://huggingface.co/spaces/PaddlePaddle/ERNIE-ViLG

Edited by noelbennett
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Sharon said:

GI has sent out an email saying effective immediately, they won't be accepting any more AI generated content and those that are already listed will be removed due to copyright concerns...  @Alamy

That sounds like a step in the right direction. Just wondered how they know which images currently on sale have been AI generated, does this have to be declared there?