question: zooms by Alamy code

Hello, I'm new here so just wanted to say hi and also ask a question to the forum.  In your experience, how often do zooms of pictures that were searched by the six-character Alamy code eventually convert into sales?  I got my first zoom where the search term was the Alamy code, so was just curious if it would be reasonable to expect a sale down the road.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Cheers,

Felix

Do you mean in the "customer search page"  ..? I have 1000s of views and  a lot of zooms since I started back a month ago  but no sales.. so they must zoom at my images and go ** yuck** and run....   :)  :D  :D ..

Do you mean 'thousands'? With a port your size it should only be a few hundred if you keywording is fairly tight.

Even when mine was rather indiscriminate I had no more than 2-3 views/image/month.

I will go and count I have a few thousand views only  and a few zooms... back soon...

Couldn't possibly count them all... I have one  images at   11,260  another 9,036  the 8 others  go down to 1,320   then loads with 100s views .. could I copy the pages and post it on here ..is that aloud ??

Now just let me get this right am I looking at the right page " Costumer search activity"  page...   and each day you  get the views/zooms  from the day before...am I doing this right or looking at the wrong page... :(

Maybe I need help cos I am not sure at what I am look at.... :wacko:

IS this what i should be looking at....... lets hope I have got it right in the end.

Total Views for Barbara Luke:56Total Zooms for Barbara Luke :0Average CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00Total CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00 )))

I WAS looking at the wrong part of the page as something that looks like a spread sheet..like this BELOW which gives me and I suppose everyone 1000s of views...

search team your views sessions your zooms your sales your CTR total views total zooms total CTR%

Sorry ​ I am such a DORK and that's putting it mildly.. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

No I have not had any zooms have I ... Have to get my finger out and work harder,,

IS this what i should be looking at....... lets hope I have got it right in the end.

Total Views for Barbara Luke:56Total Zooms for Barbara Luke :0Average CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00Total CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00 )))

Yup, that's it - 56 views for whatever time period you were looking at.

• 1 month later...

The zoom I had by Alamy referral code resulted in a sale! :) This makes me very happy.

Anyone else have a sale that looks like the following?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Textbook - print and e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 2 page spread
Start: 01 April 2014
End: 01 April 2039
All terms and rights granted as per the Alamy Preferred Vendor Agreement dated 26th January 2010 prevail. Flat rate per image, license period 20 years

$ 180.00

Just curious who the picture buyer might be.

Cheers,

Felix

Zooms by the Alamy image code will most often result in sales - I'd say in around 90% of the cases. I had two code zooms today deriving from searches and zooms a few days ago.

PS Just noticed your sale - CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS ONE   :)

Archived