Have you found any images in April 2022

43 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

SERIOUSLY ALAMY.....

RT....  words fail me. 

https://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/425621-eeuu-muertes-violencia-policial

my image.  

A standard enough story, biased of course, but apart from the use of "asesinado"(murder) to describe police killings, not too objectionable per se, perhaps a Spanish speaker could help us.

Agree with the general sentiment though, I don't want my images apologising for Putin so I'm out of RF distribution. On past form this will cost me less than a dollar a year.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

SERIOUSLY ALAMY.....

RT....  words fail me. 

https://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/425621-eeuu-muertes-violencia-policial

my image.  

Jean-Francois, apologies if I'm not understanding what your problem is with the use of your image, but the article is highlighting the fact that not much has changed in the USA. 249 have been killed by the police in the first three months of this year. The use of your image seems appropriate to me🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Jean-Francois, apologies if I'm not understanding what your problem is with the use of your image, but the article is highlighting the fact that not much has changed in the USA. 249 have been killed by the police in the first three months of this year. The use of your image seems appropriate to me🤷🏻‍♂️

my issue is with Alamy still supporting RT, and Russian distributors, not with the article. not really a good look in my mind

36 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Agree with the general sentiment though, I don't want my images apologising for Putin so I'm out of RF distribution. On past form this will cost me less than a dollar a year.

the image is RM.  editorial only.  obviously i couldn't opt out of Russian distro until today, which i did within minutes of availability. 

But as i said elsewhere all proceed will go to Ukrainian supporting charity, i will in fact give an amount equal to the full licence fee (and we no 45 day waiting period), and i invite Alamy to do the same.

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 2
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

the image is RM.  editorial only.  obviously i couldn't opt out of Russian distro until today, which i did within minutes of availability. 

Sorry, missed the obvious confusion as I have exactly five RF images!- I mean Russian Federation. 

2 sales there years ago, nothing since the invasion of Crimea- don't think there's a connection;)- but I think I'm allowed to keep those fees.

One was a statue of Dostoevsky. They're allowed that.

Edited by spacecadet

12 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Sorry, missed the obvious confusion as I have exactly five RF images!- I mean Russian Federation. 

2 sales there years ago, nothing since the invasion of Crimea- don't think there's a connection;)- but I think I'm allowed to keep those fees.

One was a statue of Dostoevsky. They're allowed that.

i should have a reverse restriction, anyone in RF (i get it now) that wants to licence the Putin TP i will also donate fee to Ukraine .  😉

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/apr/01/oxford-college-pays-damages-to-woman-after-alleged-by-fellow-student

John Bracegirdle

https://www.countryfile.com/go-outdoors/walks/strumpshaw-fen-norfolk/

Tosh

One of mine...  😀

Cephas Picture Library

Oliver Smart

Edited by John Morrison
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

02/04/2022, Guardian [Magazine], p59, still from 'Adieu Les Cons', 2HA3652, Photo 12 [Alamy credit only]
02/04/2022, Guardian [Magazine], p88, the Adelfi islands, E7BGFA, Steve Taylor ARPS
02/04/2022, Guardian [Magazine], p89, Astypalaia island, HWNCNF, GUIZIOU Franck/hemis.fr
02/04/2022, Guardian [Magazine], p89, Venetian citadel on Astypalaia, 2BHANA5, Marco Simoni/mauritius images GmbH
02/04/2022, Guardian, p6, Reclaim Pride march, 2G97P0H, Mark Kerrison
02/04/2022, Guardian, p9, Atlas Fountain at Castle Howard, 2BN2TFD, Leonid Andronov
02/04/2022, Guardian, p10, giant orchids, 2BKT2FC, CAVALIER Michel/hemis.fr [Alamy credit only]
02/04/2022, Guardian, p24, Lady Margaret Hall, A1P92B, Chris Andrews/Oxford Picture Library [Cropped to portrait. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
02/04/2022, Guardian, p43, Pizza Express, EYP10W, Justin Kase zsixz
02/04/2022, Guardian, p49, woman looking at scaffolding, DCBNH1, RPPICTURES
02/04/2022, Guardian, p50, mobile with co-op bank logo, GJEMF1, M4OS Photos
02/04/2022, Guardian [What's On section], Front page, Jimmy Savile, B3MPF8, Trinity Mirror / Mirrorpix [think it's a heavily cropped & edited copy of this]
02/04/2022, Guardian [What's On section], p2, Jimmy Savile, 2J0EWFT, Trinity Mirror / Mirrorpix

• Like 2

Traveller liftout, The Age/Sydney Morning Herald, Australia 02/04/22 and 03/04/2022

PRINT EDITIONS ONLY

Henderson wave bridge at sunset in Singapore. - 2C92H3M Nuttawut Uttamaharad

bridge, night, nighttime, singapore, style of construction, architecture, [cropped] -J9R00M Panther Media Gmbh
Elegant sculpture of cranes in a cascading fountain surrounded by beautiful orchids in the Orchid Garden, Singapore Botanic Gardens [cropped]- HTCA8H Clive Horton
View of pink bougainvilleas on Marina Bay Sands balcony, Singapore [cropped] – MB1EPC Marina Bay Sands

Eurostar train travelling at speed on railway track – AAJA61 Richard Cooke full page cover, Sunday edition

Online editions
https://www.traveller.com.au/singapores-greenscraper-hotels-the-best-green-stays-in-asias-greenest-city-h22noc
Parkroyal on Pickering Hotel, Singapore - T04AJW Simon Meaker
The Jewel offers a ground-breaking nature-themed entertainment and retail complex at Changi Airport. Olaf Schuelke [not found, however]

https://www.traveller.com.au/the-worlds-coolest-train-lines-h1zlhm
[Nilgiri Mountain Railway] The image was shot in Coonoor-India – F0P9D8 or F0P9CY HIRA PUNJABI
View of vineyards and train close to Douro river, Portugal – 2CA554G Panoramic ImagesQinghai-Tibet Railway - BD2CD2 View Stock
Andean Railway travelling between Puno at Lake Titicaca and Cusco, Cuzco, High Andes, Peru, South America - B0HBGN ImageBROKER/FB-Fischer

• Like 3

03/04/2022, Observer, p13, peace march in London, 2J1NNXT, mark phillips
03/04/2022, Observer, p17, Barrowden in Rutland, F3XYM1, Steve Carr [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
03/04/2022, Observer, p17, Ford Mondeo, 2B04NFB, MihAlex [Cutout & number plate blanked. RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
03/04/2022, Observer, p18, peasant picking saffron, BN79W7, PRISMA ARCHIVO [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer, p21, Duke of Wellington & Field Marshal Blücher, RHPNER, The History Emporium [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer, p21, Harriet Arbuthnot, P2JB4M, Album [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer, p21, Brasserie Zédel Restaurant, MAR4JM, M.Sobreira [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer, p54, woman with laptop & calculator, 2E36JWG, Aleksandr Davydov [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Review section], p15, Audrey Diwan at the Venice Film Festival, 2GK1FGT, Sipa US [Cutout. Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Review section], p16, Cumbernauld in 1977, TA6P9G, sjag [Alamy credit only]  :)
03/04/2022, Observer [Review section], p17, Cumbernauld in 1977, TA6P93, sjag [Alamy credit only] :)
03/04/2022, Observer [Review section], p17, Cumbernauld c1969, K07JJE, Chronicle [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Review section], p17, Cumbernauld 1963, B5DP9F, Trinity Mirror/Mirrorpix [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Magazine], p13, The Gherkin, 2ADE89R, Lois GoBe [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Magazine], p13, British Museum Great Court, C9CB3D, Nikreates [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Magazine], p46, variegated Monstera deliciosa, 2AXF2B3, Graham Prentice [Alamy credit only]
03/04/2022, Observer [Magazine], p47, Dawlish station, WA38KF, Chris Thain [Alamy credit only]

• Like 3

This image is often used on social media to promote a meat company... I know little companies often use images but I don't know why the guy can't just take his own picture as he is there every week.  He wouldn't have the Alamy watermark then!

17th century Coach & Horses Pub, Poole Road, Wimborne Minster, Dorset, England, United Kingdom Stock Photo - Alamy

Contributor: Greg Balfour Evans

Perrys Meats | Facebook 

Edited by SRJUK
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SRJUK said:

This image is often used on social media to promote a meat company... I know little companies often steal images but I don't know why the guy can't just take his own picture as he is there every week.  He wouldn't have the Alamy watermark then!

17th century Coach & Horses Pub, Poole Road, Wimborne Minster, Dorset, England, United Kingdom Stock Photo - Alamy

Contributor: Greg Balfour Evans

Perrys Meats | Facebook 

Unwise to identify an alleged infringer on here. Alleging a criminal offence (theft) could be libellous.

Better to take action yourself- Alamy won't touch it as it's not a lift of a licence.

Edited by spacecadet