As the year approaches its end, I thought I would undertake some statistical analysis of my sales for the year.

·       The single image that made most money was just under 5% of my total annual sales

·       Three out of my top four images, by value per image, were taken within a mile of my home

·       The most popular image (highest number sold of a single image) was 5% of the total number sold but only 1.4% of revenue

·       The top 31% of my images by value is equal to 80% of the total sales value

·       Average gross image value was $25

·       The politician who gave me the highest number of sales is Ian Duncan-Smith followed by Gavin Williamson (this excludes the prime minister) although the politician that gave me the highest fee for a single image was the education secretary.

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

"Three out of my top four images, by value per image, were taken within a mile of my home"

That's good news, since I don't have a car.

provided it is to be the right 1.6km.  😉  (Ottawa was easier than Halifax for random news subject).   

Out of nowhere, this has turned into my best ever year on Alamy (sales and revenue; averaging $48 gross per sale) and I'm in the middle of my best ever month (revenue; average $72 gross per sale).

This isn't meant to be a humblebrag but perhaps a sign that it's not all doom and gloom if I can do that from a small port of reasonably diverse images. Maybe I should start uploading again...

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Russell Watkins said:

Out of nowhere, this has turned into my best ever year on Alamy (sales and revenue; averaging $48 gross per sale) and I'm in the middle of my best ever month (revenue; average $72 gross per sale).

This isn't meant to be a humblebrag but perhaps a sign that it's not all doom and gloom if I can do that from a small port of reasonably diverse images. Maybe I should start uploading again...

Not, it's great. We need more positive news after this year. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1