Sold My First Picture!

After two years, I'm on the ladder :) So chuffed!

ARGCP6 DSC09974 Urban Traveller 23 September 2021 Royalty-free Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Editorial Newspaper Use (Print or Digital with in-context online and social media rights in perpetuity)
Media: Newspaper - national
121 MB
7952 x 5304 pixels
1 MB compressed
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 23 September 2021
End: 23 September 2026
$ 30.00
  • Love 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris1603 said:

...no idea exactly where it appeared though!

try putting this into google:

"chris partridge alamy" -alamy.com -shutterstock.com -picfair.com -flickr.com

of course, that only works for images published. I've sold a fair few that I suspect never made it to the web.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Cal said:

try putting this into google:

"chris partridge alamy" -alamy.com -shutterstock.com -picfair.com -flickr.com

of course, that only works for images published. I've sold a fair few that I suspect never made it to the web.

Thank you for this advice. I found an unauthorised use in May this year which I have reported. The same web page had several photos from Alamy contributors. 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Alexander Hog said:

Congratulations on the first sale and hope there is more to come Wanted to thanks for posting as just found out about one of my own pictures being used in France will be getting in touch with Almay 

If its only recently been used then Alamy suggest waiting for 3 months before contacting them . . . . .

From: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/sales/?section=7

Q. I’ve seen my photo being used but it hasn’t been reported as a sale?
A. The time it takes for our customers to report image uses varies depending on what industry they’re in. This can mean they don’t tell us they’ve used an image until the end of a month, quarter or publishing cycle. If you’ve seen an image being used, and it hasn’t appeared in your sales history within 3 months, then please let us know by filling in our unauthorised use form which you’ll find on your contributor dashboard and we’ll follow it up.

• Love 1
  • Like 4