Frog ID please

Janet

Question

18 answers to this question

Appologies to Janet.

You will get to know the regulars humour on the forums Janet and just to let you know that we do not mean any disrespect to you.

I am sure you will get a serious and knowledgeable answer soon.

This post will bring the thread back to the top so it will easily be seen by others.

Allan

Out of interest I have been trawling the net and it seems we only have two native frogs in this country.

One is the frog mentioned by spacecadet above and the other is the Pool frog, Pelophylax Lessonae, which was thought to be extinct in the mid 1990's but which seems is coming back again. This frog IS bright green with markings.  

The common frog has colouring like the one in your photo.

Allan.

The net is your friend. (or NOT as the case may be.)

Wow, Allan, thank you for your efforts. I think I’ll just say it’s a common frog. This much more complicated than I thought although I’ve been here a while still learning and probably won’t ever stop.

Janet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

The common frog has colouring like the one in your photo.

Sometimes their colouring is turned up to 11. Or was that just my saturation settings..

That is a pregnant female though.

FN29PF.jpg

They can vary a fair bit though. This dead one was a bit more like Janet's. The colouring, not the being dead.

F0G8WD.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

Gosh you lot have a weird sense of humour, I’ll get used it though. I know that about the swan just a slip of the finger and having senior moments. Will have a look when at work in the Library. Thank you all for your help and suggestions 

Janet

3 hours ago, Janet said:

Gosh you lot have a weird sense of humour, I’ll get used it though. I know that about the swan just a slip of the finger and having senior moments. Will have a look when at work in the Library. Thank you all for your help and suggestions 

Janet

Janet, it's just the sense of humour of some little boys who have had lots of birthdays...

Stay safe.

11 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Janet, it's just the sense of humour of some little boys who have had lots of birthdays...

Stay safe.

Looking forward to my next birthday present soon.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Looking forward to my next birthday present soon.

Allan

From Laurie Lee's Cider with Rosie, first day at school...

“They never gave me the present!”
“Present? What present?”
“They said they’d give me a present.”
“Well, now, I’m sure they didn’t.”
“They did! They said: ‘You’re Laurie Lee, ain’t you? Well, just you sit there for the present.’ I sat there all day but I never got it. I ain’t going back there again!”

👍

Edited by Mr Standfast
spelling