Worldwide, Advertising & Promotion

The usage of one of the images reported sold this morning is as follows.

Usage: Advertising and promotion, Marketing campaign or customer pitches
Media: Promotional brochures/ leaflets/inserts
Start: 14 July 2021
Duration: Unlimited

What does this mean?

The price $6.73 ????????  Well may be they will print only 1 or 2 leaflets to share worldwide.

Sung

Thanks, Doc.  I was wondering if my thought would be shared by others.  Just I was reluctantly assuming it is a new norm.

Certainly nothing to loose, I will see what their explanation (or excuse) would be on this matter.

Sung

Just in case anyone might be interested in the result of my query to MS about the above mentioned super low price for Advertising & Promotion Usage.

In short, after an exchange of a few emails with MS, I am non the wiser.  The following was the answer (maybe copy and paste from their operating manuals).

"This customer would be a key customer in which we can negotiate on prices, in comparison to new customers who come to the site and pay the shop front pricing.

Our sales teams work extremely hard to negotiate on deals with all forms of customers and always try to get the best market value possible for each license.

Unfortunately, we can't let you know who licensed your image due to confidentiality agreements we have with our customers."   - I didn't even asked who licensed the image.....

An insult to my intelligence, she provided the following info, saying 'the only usage information that they have".  It was a partial screenshot of my Sales History.  

In summary, $6.73 was the best negotiated price with the buyer for Advertising & Promotion usage.  Very encouraging!

Sung

3 hours ago, SFL said:

In summary, $6.73 was the best negotiated price with the buyer for Advertising & Promotion usage.  Very encouraging!

Sung

Such are the effects of microstock.  

Jill

5 hours ago, SFL said:

Just in case anyone might be interested in the result of my query to MS about the above mentioned super low price for Advertising & Promotion Usage.

In short, after an exchange of a few emails with MS, I am non the wiser.  The following was the answer (maybe copy and paste from their operating manuals).

"This customer would be a key customer in which we can negotiate on prices, in comparison to new customers who come to the site and pay the shop front pricing.

Our sales teams work extremely hard to negotiate on deals with all forms of customers and always try to get the best market value possible for each license.

Unfortunately, we can't let you know who licensed your image due to confidentiality agreements we have with our customers."   - I didn't even asked who licensed the image.....

An insult to my intelligence, she provided the following info, saying 'the only usage information that they have".  It was a partial screenshot of my Sales History.  

Sung

If ever there was a post to prove A***y doesn't care about its contributors, this is it.  The price gained doesn't seem 'negotiated' at all, rather A***y pandered to its customer.  Additionally, refusing to tell us who licences our images because of 'confidentiality agreements' is pretty poor.  Absolutely scandalous behaviour from A***y to the hands that feed it...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Such are the effects of microstock.  

Jill

Isn't it sad?  The thing which upsets me most was the unhuman response (in fact 'computer says no') from MS.  I never experienced this type of MS replies before.  I think it proves that the attitude of Alamy towards contributors has changed totally for the worse.  Or MS staff are also demoralised so they can't be bothered either.

21 hours ago, Pearl said:

I did even better.  Mine was $6.71 back in May.

Pearl

When I started this thread, I thought it might have been an isolated case but apparently not.  I am beginning to think if there are any sales team as such to negotiate prices, perhaps all laid off.  Just they accept any prices computer brings up.

18 hours ago, Colblimp said:

If ever there was a post to prove A***y doesn't care about its contributors, this is it.  The price gained doesn't seem 'negotiated' at all, rather A***y pandered to its customer.  Additionally, refusing to tell us who licences our images because of 'confidentiality agreements' is pretty poor.  Absolutely scandalous behaviour from A***y to the hands that feed it...

Absolutely, Colblimp.

Edited by SFL
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Colblimp said:

If ever there was a post to prove A***y doesn't care about its contributors, this is it. 

I'd like to add locking threads with valid questions about the impending change in contract and simply referring readers back to the "massive thread" (that still leaves many questions unanswered and is also locked), as another example....

Mark 

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

I'd like to add locking threads with valid questions about the impending change in contract and simply referring the OP back to the "massive thread" (that still leaves many questions unanswered), as another example....

Mark 

especially since that other thread is locked, so person can't ask the question.  

Considering this new locked thread clearly talks about stressed due to anxiety about the change, you would think a corporation would want to work with person.  These are serious matters and dismissing them hoping they go away has lead to serious consequences.   Sorry Alamy, if anything should have been learn from the last 18 months,  matters related to mental health should not be ignored. Not a good corporate look in my opinion. 

• Like 3