Have you found any Alamy photos, June 2021?

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

There are a lot of images from inside this museum on Alamy

I wrote the museum about getting permission to use photography for stock and it sounded like $250 US or so.  For an agency, might make sense.   The website is specific about not taking photos for commercial gain.  I got the impression that Alamy wants us to follow the rules on the ticket.  I paid for permission to take personal photos. 

37 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

I wrote the museum about getting permission to use photography for stock and it sounded like $250 US or so.  For an agency, might make sense.   The website is specific about not taking photos for commercial gain.  I got the impression that Alamy wants us to follow the rules on the ticket.  I paid for permission to take personal photos. 

I get what you are saying but I think most of these places, like museums, imagine the worst case scenario of some sort of real commercial use.  So Nat Geo History used two photos from Alamy, taken within that museum,  and I can’t imagine them complaining about the great free publicity of their collection, in this magazine.   Having said that, of course it is their prerogative to set the rules.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MizBrown said:

Alamy always expects the contributor to follow the rules, but they do not police it, however now they made it clear that if you get in trouble you are on your own, and if it creates problem for Alamy, you will be paying the costs. 

One thing to remember is many people who also contribute to other agencies misunderstand the "Commercial" gain, with the classification Commercial vs Editorial, so they misunderstand that making it "editorial" fulfil the not commercial requirement 

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I get what you are saying but I think most of these places, like museums, imagine the worst case scenario of some sort of real commercial use.  So Nat Geo History used two photos from Alamy, taken within that museum,  and I can’t imagine them complaining about the great free publicity of their collection, in this magazine.   Having said that, of course it is their prerogative to set the rules.

It was also from an agency.   My ticket said photography permitted for personal use only.   I'd love to get behind the scenes there which would require direct negotiation and getting permissions.   An agency can do quid pro quos more credibly than I could. 

B. National Geographic is at least partially owned by Disney.   Disney bought up Marvel and has gone after a fan kid who looks and dresses like Loki and posts his selfies.  They're not suing from what I've read, but did get some of his social media posts removed.   Disney also bought the Star Wars or Star Trek franchise and stopped paying royalties on books they'd acquired until Science Fiction Writers of America went after them. 

I'm not Disney nor an agency. 

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Alamy always expects the contributor to follow the rules, but they do not police it, however now they made it clear that if you get in trouble you are on your own, and if it creates problem for Alamy, you will be paying the costs. 

One thing to remember is many people who also contribute to other agencies misunderstand the "Commercial" gain, with the classification Commercial vs Editorial, so they misunderstand that making it "editorial" fulfil the not commercial requirement 

Yep, and the more interesting photos would be behind the scenes, which would require getting permissions nailed down in Spanish.  "Commercial" in our dialect of English means for advertising and promotion.  In the more mundane dialect, it means doing something for money as opposed to for one's own personal use (on social media, on non-monitized websites). 

My impression is that if you were a known professional agency that would be able to do work for the museum, you might get permissions that a single photographer with not much of a track record would not be able to get. 

• Like 1

Cheers Anna and James
Steve

26/06/2021, Guardian, p40, queue on A303, A9DBHA, Steve Atkins Photography
26/06/2021, Guardian, p43, woman paying with contactless credit card, EG191Y, ratmaner
26/06/2021, Guardian [Journal section], p6, Mariendom church in Neviges, P7GG8A, Sabine Thielemann
26/06/2021, Guardian [Journal section], p6, Hans Otto Theater in Potsdam, A62MFX, Schütze/Rodemann/Bildarchiv Monheim GmbH [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
26/06/2021, Guardian [Magazine], p48, Thalictrum 'Elin', BHH5XP, Martin Hughes-Jones Alamy credit only]
26/06/2021, Guardian [Review section], p14, Bryn Celli Ddu on Anglesey, EFPXGD, christopher jones
26/06/2021, Guardian [Review section], p16, Trieste district of Rome, H2M6ER, Geoffrey Taunton
26/06/2021, Guardian [Guide], p9, Orbit Tower in Olympic Park, 2EY37AX, Anthony Palmer [cutout & used in montage]
26/06/2021, Guardian [Guide], p10, Fulcrum sculpture outside Liverpool Street Station, G1KYYJ, CAMimage

• Love 2
  • Like 7

El País. El Viajero (On line)

https://elviajero.elpais.com/elviajero/2021/06/23/album/1624448145_663193.html#foto_gal_1

JOHN BATDORFF II Un lago. Piedras de colores 

https://elviajero.elpais.com/elviajero/2021/06/14/actualidad/1623678650_680049.html?rel=mas

M. Ramírez

Luis Dafos

Jan Wlodarczyk

M Ramírez

Victor Sanchez

Rob Cousins

MELBA PHOTO AGENCY

Juan Carlos Marcos Martín

Gerold Grotelueschen

M Ramírez

(Print edition)

Jerónimo Alba 2A41JMJ Franciscan monastery of Santa Maria de la Rábida. Mudejar style cloister, Palos de la Frontera. Huelva province. Southern Andalusia, Spain. Europe

Neil Cooper RKY2PP Bronze sculptures of children and donkey, Moguer, Huelva, Spain

Hemis B9M6CE Spain, Andalucia, Huelva Province, Mazagon Beach

robertharding E4A4GG Ano Mera Monastery, Mykonos Island, Cyclades, Greek Islands, Greece, Europe

• Love 1
  • Like 6

Times, Saturday 26th June

Tooting roads closed as area pedestrian. This controverial trial period in the area London Mayor Sadiq Khan lives and was formerly MP. This busy area has congestion on major roads. Part of the Low Traffic Neighbourhoods LTN scheme.
Credit: JOHNNY ARMSTEAD/Alamy Live News

Contributor: Shakeyjon / Image ID: 2CDHN6T

LAVANDULA CEDAR BLUE
Contributor: Martin Hughes-Jones / Image ID: B1216K

Searching for Summer in a sea of Foxgloves Digitalis Purpurea near Doccombe in the Teign Valley, Devon, UK. 25th June, 2021. Pictured: Raich Keene. Credit: nidpor/Alamy Credit: nidpor/Alamy Live News
Contributor: nidpor / Image ID: N0154X

Lavandula Stoechas. French lavender flower.
Contributor: amomentintime / Image ID: H8TEHC

English Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia ‘Nana Alba’
Contributor: Anne Gilbert / Image ID: C7JJPT

Ceanothus 'Puget Blue', Californian lilac 'Puget Blue', Ceanothus impressus 'Puget Blue' flowering profusely in late spring
Contributor: Garey Lennox / Image ID: 2FX4G45

Edited by TeeCee
  • Love 2
  • Like 4

USA, Smithsonian magazine, Jul/Aug 2021 Issue

Pg. 20, Train robber, Charley Bullard, World History Archive (Alamy credit only)

Portrait of Charles W. Bullard, an American criminal who was also known as 'Piano Charley'. Dated 19th Century Stock Photo

Pg. 22, Stonehenge, aerial view, robertharding (Alamy credit only)

Aerial view of Stonehenge, UNESCO World Heritage Site, Wiltshire, England, Europe Stock Photo

Pg. 40, Ramses II statue at Abu Simbel, Egypt, Michael Sparrow

Temple of Ramesses II, Abu Simbel, Egypt Stock Photo

Pg. 40, Temple of Queen Hapshepsut, Egypt, Paul Stawson

Queen Hatshepsut's Temple, near Luxor, Egypt. Stock Photo

Pg. 70, Illustration of Edmond-Charles Genet, Too many similars from different contributors (credit to Alamy only)

• Like 3

John Morrison

• Forum regular
  •  
  • John Morrison
  • Verified
  •  5,058    2
  • 2,949 posts
  • Joined Alamy: 03 Jul 2006

Times, 29th June: 

Pro-Trump rioters breach the security perimeter and penetrate the U.S. Capitol to protest against the Electoral College vote count that would certify President-elect Joe Biden as the winner in Washington, DC on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Under federal law, Jan. 6 is the date Electoral College votes determining the next president are counted in a joint session of Congress.
Ken Cedeno/UPI Contributor: UPI / Image ID: 2E1D8F7

Lancashire County Council has installed CCTV cameras to monitor the Bus lanes over Skerton & The Grey Hound Bridges together with Parliment Street and Morecambe Road in Lancaster. The County Council have installed the Cameras to enforce the bus lane and say it is in an effort to improve the Bus service around the city and they do not want to make any money from the cameras. Contributor: Photographing_North Image ID: TB25CM

Francesca Jones of GB at the Girl's Singles - Wimbledon Championships 2017
Contributor: Ben Queenborough Image ID: K14B3C

Joyce Carol Oates, American author, attending the Edinburgh book festival, Scotland, UK, 29 August 2010.
Contributor: Lebrecht Music & Arts / Image ID: ERERC6

Hindu wedding lawa parosna Uttar Pradesh India Asia
Contributor: Dinodia Photos / Image ID: ERYMHJ

Comté cheese cellar of Fort Saint Antoine in the Jura Mountains
Contributor: Kalpana Kartik / Image ID: E5TYPK

Wistman's Wood, Dartmoor, Devon, England
Contributor: Samuel Hess / Image ID: 2A4D3YP

The Stocksbridge plant of Liberty Steel, run by British Indian Sanjeev Gupta. The future of the plant remains uncertain following the collapse of the groups main financier Greensill Capital, A worker walks past the Liberty Steel works sign in Stocksbridge, near Sheffield, north of England on Friday, April 16th, 2021.
Contributor: Mark Harvey Image ID: 2F97526

Girl Woman, Other - Bernardine Evaristo
Contributor: Kay Roxby Image ID: 2CX368G

Edited by TeeCee
  • Love 1
  • Like 4