Autumn colours still in the UK?

Morning all

This weekend, I have to make a journey back to the UK for family reasons. Whilst I'm there I'm aiming to get some stock photography in.

How are the trees doing with colour? Are there still any leaves? 

Looking at Brecon Beacons; Dartmoor and Exmoor as possibles. Maybe up into the Lakes!

A couple of weeks ago had an amazing few days on Skye followed by three non-stop days of rain in the Lakes which is why I am considering a fleeting journey there.

Thanks

Jools

North east escaped worst of gales. Looking out of my window, maybe 50% deciduous trees still with leaves. Dull presently, but sun predicted for next few days. Not ideal but still some colour.

I was out and about in Lancashire yesterday (Monday) on the only sunny day I've seen for weeks. Seems that the autumn leaf colours are mostly dull, Some trees are already getting close to bare, others only partially bare. In almost all cases the colours seem muted to me, certainly not the blaze of colour I've seen in some years. The leaves on the ground are dull and soggy. The weather has been mostly dull and wet and is forecast to remain so.

Personally, I would happily visit the Lakes right now  just for the joy of being there, but I don't think I'd be going with the expectation of getting spectacular autumn shots. Having said that, the right moment in the right spot and the right brief passing light and it could be all worthwhile.  Whatever you do, I wish you well.

I drove from Glasgow to Perth last week. I also drove most of the way up the A82 towards Fort William too and I can say that it's turning a lovely colour of autumn right now. Didn't take the camera, because I'm having a wee break from it all. Totally consuming my mind at the moment. 

Cornwall and South Devon poor Autumn colours this year, and not that great last year. Seems to come too late and coincide with high winds. Did find one spot on Dartmoor a few weeks ago (sheltered valley near Holne) which had stunning colours if only I could hover about five meters off the ground to get a composition!

Morning all

This weekend, I have to make a journey back to the UK for family reasons. Whilst I'm there I'm aiming to get some stock photography in.

How are the trees doing with colour? Are there still any leaves? 

Looking at Brecon Beacons; Dartmoor and Exmoor as possibles. Maybe up into the Lakes!

A couple of weeks ago had an amazing few days on Skye followed by three non-stop days of rain in the Lakes which is why I am considering a fleeting journey there.

Thanks

Jools

Just back from Torridon (Sat 9th Nov) and the reds in the mountains look fantastic with patches of green yellow mixed with snow on the summits..... was a great trip.... even with the rain. Everyday there were rainbows..... dozens, nice changeable weather, great for photography and walking. In the process of stitching together some large Panos  :)

Archived