This is Pam ; who is Pam?

geogphotos

Comparing the last image with the others in the group I personally do not think she is Pam. The shape of her face is different and her stance appears to be different too.

Allan

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

Comparing the last image with the others in the group I personally do not think she is Pam. The shape of her face is different and her stance appears to be different too.

Allan

Thanks Allan. Not sure, there could be over a year between the photos. From a gawky 11-12 year old to self aware 13 year old is a big journey!

These are the only pics of Pam in the three box collection of medium format slides. Somebody out there must be her family. Always somehow sad to come across these family pictures taken so full of hope and love......

• 4 months later...

The Vauxhall Cresta PA PJN 631 was first registered in Southend-on-Sea (B District) between May 1958 and July 1958. Essex Records Office may hold the original registration records – link below:
https://www.essexrecordoffice.co.uk

Southend-on-Sea ( B District) - any ideas?

Edited by geogphotos

5 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Off you go!

Indeed, they open tomorrow, though not sure that registration of a vehicle will necessarily lead to a name and address. 

Don't most cars get registered by the dealerships selling them? Not at all sure how it works. 

There is a partial address but can't see a likely location for it through searching Google maps Streetview. The houses look to be large detached ones in mock-Tudor style which make me think of outer London posh suburbs, or commuter village. 

With a surname and possibly an approximate address I can probably track down Pam's birth certify ate through my Ancestry membership, and then try to figure out how these slides ended up in an auction house in Suffolk. 

Edited by geogphotos

14 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

The Vauxhall Cresta PA PJN 631 

When I look this up it seems to suggest that PJ is Guildford. Confusing. 

I got Southend on Sea. This registration was first made available in 1958. The original office for this letter combination is Southend On Sea C.B.C.

https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/

With the vehicle reg, it's the 2nd and 3rd letter of the three letters that are the location of registration. So with PJN, the letters JN indicate the area.

http://www.authorandbookinfo.com/kingkong/where/gb.htm

I don't know who Pam is.

Edited by AlbertSnapper

Am not going to post family name or any more research here for the moment. But looks like I have found a birth in Romford 1948, a possible marriage, and a couple of possible electoral addresses including one in Suffolk. 

Might all seem to be a bit creepy......so will keep things quiet and not post details here. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

Similar story here on the BBC website...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-54175441

...thought you might find it interesting if you've not seen it already.

Yes, saw that. Thanks.

There is a thread about is on the forum somewhere.

On 01/12/2020 at 14:06, geogphotos said:

There is a partial address but can't see a likely location for it through searching Google maps Streetview.......

If it had turned out to be a Southend address I could have used an old style analogue walk. Ping me an @ if that would be helpful at any time.

4 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Am not going to post family name or any more research here for the moment. But looks like I have found a birth in Romford 1948, a possible marriage, and a couple of possible electoral addresses including one in Suffolk. 

Might all seem to be a bit creepy......so will keep things quiet and not post details here. 

Not creepy.

I was thinking along the same lines.......enough said......OH was born in 1951, so we're talking about someone who is hopefully still with us. And, more to the point, probably owns the copyright!

Edited by spacecadet

• 3 weeks later...