Tony ALS

QC since 3 April 2020

Question

Hello all. As a newbie to Alamy I have been reading forum content to get a feel of what to expect and there are some very helpful contributors. I haven't uploaded much yet and I'm holding back at the moment as I have 26 images sitting in QC with the first one going back to the 3 April. I know there has been a weekend in between and we have the virus issue which may be interfering so delays are perhaps understandable. My first 38 uploads were all passed and I have a two star rating since I started. I have seen that 5 stars would speed things up yet there only appear to be a maximum of 3 stars available on my dashboard? Any feedback on whether this delay is normal at the moment would be helpful and should I wait until QC catch up before uploading more? Hope everyone is obeying the rules and keeping safe. Thanks in advance. Tony

9 answers to this question

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that spacecadet. Is it normally better to wait until images have passed QC before uploading more in your experience?

12 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Thanks for that spacecadet. Is it normally better to wait until images have passed QC before uploading more in your experience?

If you are positive the first upload batch will pass, there's nothing to stop you. If you are unsure, One Fail = All Fail includes ALL pending batches.

I'm a three star, there's only room for 3, that's not unusual. Seems like the software upgrades when someone gains the higher status. It also seems to be at the discretion of the reviewers, not based on a calculation. I have no problems at the level I'm at and you are correct, reviews do not occur on weekends.

I'm not one to worry that a photo that hasn't been anywhere, essentially forever, since the beginning of time, might take a couple more days to be seen by buyers. The exception would be News or current events.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Klinger, by coincidence (or maybe not?!) I just got the email to say they have all passed. Better get on with making them available for sale.

Hi all. Same situation again. I have been uploading more images since the 8 May but have stopped again as this has now reached 98 images sitting in QC. I am fearful that if I continue and have 300 sitting there that the whole lot get rejected and I have to start again. I do understand the strange circumstances we are in but find it difficult to believe that QC should be so affected when this must be people sitting in front of a screen which they could continue to do at home or anywhere. My main source of income involves regular international travel yet I have adapted to the current circumstances. I hope the staff and whoever checks images are all well and that the virus hasn't decimated Alamy! Apologies for being frustrated but life must go on and my impatient nature is a reason I get things done. This is a hobby for me not a profession so it isn't the end of the world if I never earn a penny from Alamy but if I'm going to put in the small effort needed to at least try to make this work then a continuous service needs to be available. I am with Shutterstock as well who seem to be coping better and I believe are New York based where as we all know the virus has been rampant. Please everyone avoid this virus at all costs. If you get it the long term affects could change your health for the rest of your life. My wife is a doctor so I hear on a daily basis how this is affecting patients. The truth is gradually coming out that a vaccine may never eradicate covid-19 and we are likely to have to live with it as with HIV/AIDS, measles, etc. Have a good day despite my gloominess and thank you to anyone who reads this and has any positive input, which I think I need to hear! Stay safe everybody.

• Like 1

All uploaded photos passed today. Perhaps an end of week clear out? Relieved that I can get on with making them available and upload more. Have a good safe weekend all.

I agree with your wife about sometimes long-term health issues from the virus. It’s frightening. Just coming out of it alive doesn’t necessarily mean one is out of the woods.

Happy your images passed.

• Thanks 1

Hi all any tips, my images have been waiting since April 3rd . have uploaded 8 more batches but all in QC 

1 hour ago, Cookie 63 said:

Hi all any tips, my images have been waiting since April 3rd . have uploaded 8 more batches but all in QC 

Wait, and don't upload any more unless you're sure of your personal QC, because as you know if one fails they all do.

That is a pretty long time though. Maybe try an email to MS. It might get read eventually.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1