People in the uk ignoring coronavirus social distancing

I can hold out for two or three more days before venturing out to the shops, so hopefully it will have stabilised a bit by then. I'm glad I froze a load of blackberries from the garden last year, though I'll probably get fed up with them if I work through the whole stock. Some ice cream would help. On the bright side, making the reserves of food go further has already started to drop my weight a bit.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Not been to the shops today David , but I am told things are improving, with more stock and some attempt to control distances between folk.

Yes, much improved Brian. Our local Waitrose had a security guard at the door, a small queue all at 2m apart and was operating a one out, one in policy. Inside very calm and reasonably well stocked. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, bread, milk,  and toilet rolls. Just the meat/chicken shelves depleted although they were stocking everything like mad. Even had some paracetamol which I hadn't seen for ages.

30 minutes ago, davidhu said:

Yes, much improved Brian. Our local Waitrose had a security guard at the door, a small queue all at 2m apart and was operating a one out, one in policy. Inside very calm and reasonably well stocked. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, bread, milk,  and toilet rolls. Just the meat/chicken shelves depleted although they were stocking everything like mad. Even had some paracetamol which I hadn't seen for ages.

If you can afford Waitrose!

Well I hope our local Waitrose has improved since yesterday, it was terrifying. It wasn't crowded, just that those that were in there didn't seem to care who they got close to, just going about their shopping as normal, some just chatting face to face. I had a scarf around my face, which I know doesn't offer much protection, I thought it might just persuade people to keep their distance, not a bit of it. I ended up bouncing away from people round the shop like a human pinball. There was an Italian girl who just spent the entire time I was in there on her phone,  speaking animatedly into it in her native language whilst walking backwards and forwards across the aisles with her head down, oblivious to whose path she might be blocking. There was a security guard there but he just seemed to have picked up on my scarf and identified me as an obvious outlaw, I kept seeing him at the end of every aisle I was in. The last straw was when suddenly out of the blue a girl confonted me right in my face holding up a bank card, "Have you just dropped this?" she shrieked about 12" away from my nose. I hadn't.  A nightmare, oh and they didn't have anything I wanted anyway.

Montreal:four guys in their 20s been hanging around the park for a few hours, now playing football around....  i doubt they all live at same address.  

we are so going to be in full lock-down within a week.....  

(i would call the Police, but my sister is worried they would know it's from her place since they just parked in front of her house)

Edited by meanderingemu

A large Tesco supermarket in Manchester, uk: a 25 minute queue to get in, with 10 out, 10 in. A queue outside a pharmacy as they limit entrance. People generally making an effort to keep distance.