DACS Strategies 2020

• 1 month later...

Back to this:

I see reports of this sort:

Region UK, Country: Italy, whatever

And actually very few Country: UK,  Region: UK,

Is it the region or the country which is where the book/magazine was published? Maybe the Region, as how can a book be published 'worldwide' unless it has such a huge print run it's being printed in two or more countries?

22 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Back to this:

Is it the region or the country which is where the book/magazine was published? Maybe the Region, as how can a book be published 'worldwide' unless it has such a huge print run it's being printed in two or more countries?

I don't make these decisions- I send the sales reports to DACS and they make them. They've never complained.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Back to this:

I look at the "Region" column. If it says "UK", then I include the sale in my claim; if it says somewhere else, then I don't. 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2

I'm like spacecadet, I send a spreadsheet to DACS and let them decide.

When I used to edit the spreadsheet I would include 'worldwide', as my thinking was that the UK was in the world!

John.

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

When I used to edit the spreadsheet I would include 'worldwide', as my thinking was that the UK was in the world!

John.

Radical thinking.

Rebel.

:) 

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

John.

I do exactly the same - I remove all countries except "UK" and "Worldwide" from the spreadsheet, then I remove everything except for magazines, books and TV (including newspapers) , and also I remove everything not in print form, and then I sent the remainder of the spreadsheet to DACS

Kumar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I do exactly the same - I remove all countries except "UK" and "Worldwide" from the spreadsheet, then I remove everything except for magazines, books and TV (including newspapers) , and also I remove everything not in print form, and then I sent the remainder of the spreadsheet to DACS

Kumar

I've thought of doing that. However, the "Region" column gives the following options only: UK, EU, US and ROW (Rest of World), so I stick with UK.

I admit that it's all very ambiguous, though...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...