Hello..I am new here

prashanv

Hello All,

I am new here. I have recently passed QC test for alamy and uploaded some pics and submit.

Can anyone tell me how many images should be there in the port to get the very first sale on alamy.

How much we will get paid for one image here?

Thanks in Advance,

2 hours ago, prashanv said:

Can anyone tell me how many images should be there in the port to get the very first sale on alamy.

You will need 357 images to make your first sale.

How much we will get paid for one image here?

You will be paid $75.

I have recently passed QC test for alamy and uploaded some pics and submit.

Congratulations on passing QC. Hope you get your first sale before too long. But, please, in the meantime, stop asking questions which are impossible to answer! 😀

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Congratulations Prashanv on passing QC ,it always such a great feeling.I have only 266 photos  on Alamy and have sold 3 total $268 ,just been paid for two of them ,Although i set up an account in 2015 i never passed my QC, so gave up but decided  over a year ago to try again and passed .it was only this year i sold any, its always best to read up what photos are good sellers,  best of luck you will get a sale soon.

• Like 1

You will need to be careful in doing your captions and keywords. When you finish with an image you have to deselect it before moving on to your next one or you will have a mis-labeled image. I looked to see what the colorful bird was and it has a caption saying it is a white pelican. So after doing your pelican you didn't deselect the pelican. It will very likely take a long time and many images to make a sale. No quick money here, I'm afraid.

Paulette

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Morrison said:

You will need 357 images to make your first sale.

You will be paid $75.

Congratulations on passing QC. Hope you get your first sale before too long. But, please, in the meantime, stop asking questions which are impossible to answer! 😀

I beg to differ -- 357.5 images and $74.99. 😏

• Like 1

Definitely work on captions / tags before you upload more.  For instance, both of these images:

a-white-american-pelican-sitting-quietly

a-white-american-pelican-sitting-quietly

have same caption ("White American Pelican sitting quietly on a glass near water").   Well, both are not pelicans, are they not??  Secondly,  both have one huge composite tag ("beautiful victoria crowned pigeon sitting on tree branch")   which is probably meant as caption for blue bird !?  Extremely confusing.    Then, most everyone here will tell you:   Include Latin Names for birds, plants, animals, etc.  The more you invest initially into specifying proper metadata, the less work later + much more increased chances for sale.

Thank you so much all for your valuable inputs.

Thanks NYCat to identify the issue of caption which i did wrong. I will be extra careful while giving caption in the future.

Thanks Autumn sky for letting me know that we should include latin names as well.

Lets see how long does it take for me to get my first sale. Eagerly waiting for it . :)

• Like 1

You might have to wait longer than you think.  Alamy is not microstock where you can usually get your first 25 cents sale within a week or so. Once again focus on unique, technically sound content with solid metadata, and don't think about sales just yet.

You should be a bit more careful with composition (zebra's face got cut off in one) and make sure you don't repost the same photo or upload photos that are very similar.   The White America Ibis is a pelican or you're including the small bird in the background as the ibis.  It looks more like another pelican to me (Ibises have curved bills).  That shot is also a duplicated shot.

Edited by MizBrown

@autumnsky Solid metadata means keyword or you are talking about something else. I am sorry if i sound like a dumb person who is asking these silly question but cal you please tell me how can i create solid metadata for my images on alamy.

1 hour ago, prashanv said:

@autumnsky Solid metadata means keyword or you are talking about something else. I am sorry if i sound like a dumb person who is asking these silly question but cal you please tell me how can i create solid metadata for my images on alamy.

I would interpret 'solid metadata' as captions and keywords/tags being accurate, thorough and relating to the image. Personally, I would avoid using beautiful to describe birds even if they appear to be to you.

Metadata applies to everything you specify to describe your image and thus make it searchable by prospective buyer. Caption, tags/supertags which are mandatory but also optional - location, date, # of people etc.

Importance of this can not be overstated. You are competing with 1000s or more candidates for most subjects.   It is a skill, and not easy to master initially specially if you are not native English speaker.  Some fall into 'keyword spamming' trap and add keywords that are not accurate, just to generate views. Never do that! You are hurting both yourself and agency. Begin with simple but accurate descriptions (bird,pelican,etc) add Latin name, then think of some non immediately obvious - study keywords others used for the subject. Study Alamy measures which contain customer search words.  With time you will develop ability to segregate properly between single and composite keywords.

And also, at least for Alamy, upload only 'good stuff'.   That zoo pic with half of animal head cut off is too dark, bad composition and likely can't be sold even on Microstock.

• 2 weeks later...

HELLLLLLLLO!

I'm new too, well kinda I had 300 pics up about 18months ago but totally forgot about Alamy and had concentrated on other stock sites but now regular manage to make $500-1000 a month so I decided to make myself get my portfolio up on Alamy too! 

So far I've added, keyworded 6500 images in just 2 weeks, and have about another 5000 to go!

I've made 1 sale though and wasn't expecting anything until January tbh so I'm happy already!

Fingers crossed for more....

*** One for the regulars if possible guys and girls?

I've had 28 Zooms in the last 2 weeks and the one sale I had from an image was NOT A ZOOM?

Is this normal for Alamy? 

Do they not really mean a lot!?

Lol

Thanks everyone & good luck prashanv

Edited by Jon D

On 06/11/2019 at 00:41, prashanv said:

Hello All,

I am new here. I have recently passed QC test for alamy and uploaded some pics and submit.

1) Can anyone tell me how many images should be there in the port to get the very first sale on alamy.

2) How much we will get paid for one image here?

Thanks in Advance,

Answers:

1) One

2) It depends on the sale, license and commission rate.

a) If a distributor makes the sale, we get 50% of the 50% of what's left, shared equally with Alamy, for an exclusive image.

b) If Alamy sells the license, for an exclusive image, we get 50% of that

if non-exclusive content substitute 40% for our share above

If you were looking for a number = impossible to predict, mine have varied from single dollars and cents to hundreds of dollars.