download option on mouseover

Just spotted the big red download option and shopping trolley when doing a mouseover of an image. Is it new? or I am asleep half the time? 

Edited by george
typo from big fat fingers!
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, george said:

Just spotted the bit red download option and shopping trolley when doing a mouseover of an image. Is it new? or I am asleep half the time? 

I've not noticed it before either!

John.

2 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I don't see this, where is it?

I've seen it for quite a while. If you have a number of similar images on similar themes, you will see the 'more' by under the image selected to view. If you don't have similar images, then regular stock by others will appear below the image.

10 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I don't see this, where is it?

When you mouseover without clicking, the new red download button appears. Just to the left of that is a 'stack of squares' icon, hover over this and a popout window of small thumbnails of other images by the same photographer appears. As wanderingemu points out, it is based on the pseudonym rather than the whole contributor portfolio. The feature of other images by the same photographer has been on the photo details page for some time, but I hadn't noticed the popout thumbnails before - probably never woudl have if george (OP) hadn't highlighted the new download button to begin with!

5 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I mouseover the image and I see a red download button, add to shopping cart and add to lightbox, nothing else

Ah, so at long last Alamy have recognised the importance of my portfolio to their prosperity and have granted me and a few choice others a unique feature to promote my sales ;)

Or possibly they've only partialy rolled out this feature (though I can't see how as we are both UK based) or it's a glitch or it's somethigng to do with clearing cookies or its goodness knows what. All I can say is, I assure you I can see it on my screen when I view a screen full of results from a search.

Anybody else seeing or not seeing this feature?

• Like 1

It seems to me that the Download button has replaced the mouseover zoom. No? When the mouseover zoom was initiated it seemed we were getting fewer zooms recorded in Measures because people didn't have to click to see a zoom. I kind of miss the mouseover when I am looking around but I bet Alamy is going to pay attention to what, if anything, the change means to sales.

Paulette

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 02:11, Joseph Clemson said:

Anybody else seeing or not seeing this feature?

Have found no examples yet either.

Sorry got it now. Very Cool!

Edited by jodyko
new info