Photos looked at using my first name.

1 hour ago, vicky allum said:

I have a strange question just looked in on my photo Alamy measures ,and found 5 of them looked up by using my first name of Vicky,anyone else had this ? my name has not been used in any of the tags or title .

I've had a search on Margaret alone, which isn't my name but was legitimately in the keywords. Maybe writing a book about Margarets?

6 hours ago, vicky allum said:

I have a strange question just looked in on my photo Alamy measures ,and found 5 of them looked up by using my first name of Vicky,anyone else had this ? my name has not been used in any of the tags or title .

It seems to me they must have done an advanced search on Vicky if you don't have it anywhere besides in your pseudo. Interesting.

Paulette

9 hours ago, Avpics said:

Oddly I've had one in the last few days searching 'Avpics', of which they viewed 100 images. I'm not sure what they would gain from that?

T'wasn't me mate ;) But sometimes I take a look at others portfolios, as a learning tool. I've looked at yours, but from here, not by searching on Alamy. Didn't realise that showed up in Measures 😀 (!) I feel kind of 'rumbled', but not sure why I should feel like that .... Apologies to anyone who feels 'stalked' .... 

4 minutes ago, BidC said:

T'wasn't me mate ;) But sometimes I take a look at others portfolios, as a learning tool. I've looked at yours, but from here, not by searching on Alamy. Didn't realise that showed up in Measures 😀 (!) I feel kind of 'rumbled', but not sure why I should feel like that .... Apologies to anyone who feels 'stalked' .... 

Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment of sorts, as if anyone could possibly learn anything from me, but only the searches of a few registered customers are recorded in measures.

Edited by Avpics
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Thank you. I'll take that as a compliment of sorts, as if anyone could possibly learn anything from me, but only the searches of a few registered customers are recorded in measures.

I find it good to take a look at how other compose, and how the images appear. I come from  a nursing/medical background, and thats all about learning from how others practice.

I have to say I am rather relieved that any searches on my part don't show up in Measures (!). It might see a little 'creepy', though on my part completely  unintended ..... 

13 minutes ago, Marianne said:

I find it happens quite a bit considering that the spelling of my name - Marianne rather than Mary Ann - is not very common. I don't have my name in my keywords. 

Leonard Cohen Fans?😃

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Russell said:

Leonard Cohen Fans?😃

😎

A guy I worked with many years ago bought me the 45 of that song "So Long Marianne" (and I mean many years ago ... back when vinyl's only "competition" was cassette tapes).He found it on a trip to London in a second-hand record store. It's funny, my husband just got the balance our record collection down from the attic (I know, not the place for them...) and he grabbed the 45's too. Hopefully we have some of those little inserts in them so we can play them.  A good idea for some stock photos....

I didn't know the story behind the song, but it certainly sounds intriguing. 

4 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I don't know whether these are linked, but we may have two threads of the same subject 

Was just thinking same ! [This thread is however becoming more interesting ;) Marianne - your idea to take some pics of the vinyls sounds like a very good one ! I hope you enjoy listening to all this records :) I gave mine away a long time ago, as space is a premium (and the old record player not up to much in reality).

Edited by BidC

22 minutes ago, Marianne said:

😎

A guy I worked with many years ago bought me the 45 of that song "So Long Marianne" (and I mean many years ago ... back when vinyl's only "competition" was cassette tapes).He found it on a trip to London in a second-hand record store. It's funny, my husband just got the balance our record collection down from the attic (I know, not the place for them...) and he grabbed the 45's too. Hopefully we have some of those little inserts in them so we can play them.  A good idea for some stock photos....

I didn't know the story behind the song, but it certainly sounds intriguing. 

He split up with his lover, Marianne Ihlen.

He remained friends with her for life (she sometimes came to his concerts), and just before she died he wrote her a lovely little note, and he himself died not very long afterwards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Long,_Marianne

A movie about that part of their life was released this summer, to mixed reviews:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9358196

and is available to those with access to the BBC iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008yzr/marianne-and-leonard-words-of-love

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

A movie about that part of their life was released this summer, to mixed reviews:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9358196

and is available to those with access to the BBC iPlayer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008yzr/marianne-and-leonard-words-of-love

Edited 1 hour ago by Cryptoprocta

The film was shown again on BBC 4 over the weekend. The filmaker Nick Broomfield was at university in Cardiff at the same time as me and is still in touch with some of "the crowd"